#1 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

I put in an order recently for about 25 items, including about 12-15 bags of specialty grain. Everything came quickly and as ordered. I price shopped on the grains with Northern Brewer and B3, BW had better prices on pretty much all the grains. All the other items were priced lower or the same.I did some searching around and they seem to have built up a good reputation in the homebrewing community in the relatively short time they have been around.I would definitely recommend Brewmasters Warehouse to other homebrewers.

#2 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21266 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:47 AM

I just wished they could sell in GA.

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

That's pretty lame that they can't. What's the roadblock?

#4 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

I should also add that the Brew Builder function is really cool. I buy all my ingredients in bulk now, but most of my brewing career I bought per recipe. I definitely would've used the Brew Builder function, plus you get a 10% discount when you use it.

#5 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Me too! The roadblock comes from a suplpier restricting my ability to sell to customers in Georgia. Unfortunately the supplier happens to supply me with much of the equipment and other homebrewing essentials that are neccesary to carry. The supplier is enforcing (unfairly IMO) a protected territory with respect to the other LHBS in Atlanta. I am working with the supplier to show them the error in judgement that was made, but until that time comes I have to go by the restrictions imposed, or get cutoff by the supplier. In the meantime I am working on getting another supplier that can get me everything I need at similar prices. If I replaced the current supplier my prices would go up quite a bit, which means no one inside or outside of GA woudl want to shop with us.Ed

#6 DuncanDad

DuncanDad

Comptroller of Complaints and Unruly Clients

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21266 posts
  • LocationLaGrange, GA

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

I understand completely. It's just that there was Marietta Home Brew, (just around the corner from you) until they went under. They didn't have to operate under those restrictions.I don't see why you should.

#7 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

I understand completely. It's just that there was Marietta Home Brew, (just around the corner from you) until they went under. They didn't have to operate under those restrictions.I don't see why you should.

I agree with you completely and I have pointed it out. I would say that if the economy was not in such bad shape that this restriction would not be in place. Given the current economic climate I think the supplier chose to go with protecting the stores that have been in business, rather than adding more competition to the market. If things were going well in the economy it would not have been an issue. It does seem that other parties are more concerned with CYA than with the homebrewing community that supports them IMHO.

#8 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Placed an order with Brewmasters Warehouse on Monday for some odd fittings and specialty grains. Had my order by Thursday of that same week.Good selection, great prices, and great service. I'll definitely be ordering again. Thanks!

#9 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

Great Order! Thirty pound box for $6.99 can't beat it. A lot of his prices are half what things are at my LHBS and his grain is a bit cheaper too. I placed an order on a tuesday night, was shipped out on wednesday, and received it on a saturday...my sunday brewday was not pushed back!

#10 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

Great Order! Thirty pound box for $6.99 can't beat it. A lot of his prices are half what things are at my LHBS and his grain is a bit cheaper too. I placed an order on a tuesday night, was shipped out on wednesday, and received it on a saturday...my sunday brewday was not pushed back!

:P

#11 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:11 AM

is the price per pound on your base malts, the same as for a 50 pound bag?

#12 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

I placed an order on Wednesday night and got it on Saturday morning. Pretty darn good. Brewmaster's also supports the brewingnetwork.com and gives a discount when you enter a coupon code into the check out. I forgot what the code is but it is available through the BrewingNetwork.

#13 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

is the price per pound on your base malts, the same as for a 50 pound bag?

Yes, I believe that is the case.

#14 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

Yes, I believe that is the case.

then $1.15 a pound for basic two row by the 50 lb. bag is high

#15 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

then $1.15 a pound for basic two row by the 50 lb. bag is high

I think it's similar to the other online LHBS's, I've never really looked closely though.

#16 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:26 AM

I think it's similar to the other online LHBS's, I've never really looked closely though.

Last bag i bought of 2 row was .81 lb. 50 lb. bag

#17 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Last bag i bought of 2 row was .81 lb. 50 lb. bag

You had a sack of grain shipped to you for $40.50? I checked More Beer and NorthernBrewer. It was about $75 to get a sack of 2-row shipped to me from either place.My LHBS sells sacks of 2-row for about $1.10/lb and Maris Otter for $1.33/lb. I just think that buying bulk grain online isn't a great deal, no matter where you go. The shipping is killer.

#18 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

Sorry I missed this earlier, but it is 1.15 per pound for 2-row no matter how mych you want. That price is a little high for bulk and I certainly understand that, but we alse ship sacks of grain for 6.99, so I think that makes it a little easier to swallow.Thanks,Ed

#19 Brewmasters Warehouse

Brewmasters Warehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

I am very pleased to announce that our long struggle to open to customers in Georgia is as of now over. Effective immediately we are shipping to customers within Georgia and have an instore pickup option for local customers.We are in the process of changing the store over from a stricty online operation to a full blown retail location. We will have regular retail store hours coming very soon. If you are in the area you can stop by and we will of course take care of you, just please do not mind all of the rearranging taking place.I want to especially thank everyone that has ordered from us, and signed the petition. This was resolved due to the tremendous growth that we have had over the time we have been open. Without you guys none of this would have happened.Thank You,Ed

#20 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63924 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

I am very pleased to announce that our long struggle to open to customers in Georgia is as of now over. Effective immediately we are shipping to customers within Georgia and have an instore pickup option for local customers.We are in the process of changing the store over from a stricty online operation to a full blown retail location. We will have regular retail store hours coming very soon. If you are in the area you can stop by and we will of course take care of you, just please do not mind all of the rearranging taking place.I want to especially thank everyone that has ordered from us, and signed the petition. This was resolved due to the tremendous growth that we have had over the time we have been open. Without you guys none of this would have happened.Thank You,Ed

Whoa, I can't believe this happened all the way back in November and I didn't notice it. That's great, Ed! Hope business is going well...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users