#1 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

Haier HBF05EBSS-2 Dual Faucet Kegerator w/ Stainless Steel Door [BF HAIERSSTEEL-2]Chrome Plated Metal 2 Faucet Tower (Included) [KU DUALCHROMETOWER]Commercial 2 Product Double Gauge Regulator [KU 742-2](2) Ball Lock Home Brew Keg Tap Complete Set [BF BLCP-CS] Cannot wait to get this! Anything else I need (other than the kegs themselves, Co2, and gas/beer lines)?

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:08 AM

Haier HBF05EBSS-2 Dual Faucet Kegerator w/ Stainless Steel Door [BF HAIERSSTEEL-2]Chrome Plated Metal 2 Faucet Tower (Included) [KU DUALCHROMETOWER]Commercial 2 Product Double Gauge Regulator [KU 742-2](2) Ball Lock Home Brew Keg Tap Complete Set [BF BLCP-CS] Cannot wait to get this! Anything else I need (other than the kegs themselves, Co2, and gas/beer lines)?

You'll want to get a faucet wrench to take the taps apart for cleaning. A faucet brush isn't a bad idea either. You'll also need some clamps for all of your lines. I think that covers the big stuff - you got a link for this thing so we can all take a look?

#3 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

KegeratorHere is the unit I ordered from Beverage Factory....I would imagine I can pick the wrench and brushes up at a hardware store or my LHBS?

#4 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

Next time you are at the hardware store pick up a generic spray bottle. Fill it with starsan.Thank me later.

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:03 AM

KegeratorHere is the unit I ordered from Beverage Factory....I would imagine I can pick the wrench and brushes up at a hardware store or my LHBS?

I don't think Home Depot or Lowes would sell the faucet wrench... pick it up at your LHBS. Should cost you welll under $5.00. A funny looking little thing, but necessary to tighten the faucets onto the tower. You don't want to use a traditional wrench or vice grip for that job.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'd recommend one like one of these: LINKEither of the ones with the blue grips are nice b/c they help you get the shank off the tower as well.

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64137 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

I don't think Home Depot or Lowes would sell the faucet wrench... pick it up at your LHBS. Should cost you welll under $5.00. A funny looking little thing, but necessary to tighten the faucets onto the tower. You don't want to use a traditional wrench or vice grip for that job.

+1I got a cheap ass stamped faucet wrench at my LHBS many moons ago. It was probably $5 and it looks like it should cost $0.99, but it will last forever because you really don't need to tighten the faucets much at all. The have a rubber gasket in them, you only need to compress the gasket a little bit to get a seal. If you find yourself having to really crank it down to get a seal you probably need a new gasket.

#8 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

I'd recommend one like one of these: LINKEither of the ones with the blue grips are nice b/c they help you get the shank off the tower as well.

+1 I have the faucet and hex wrench and both sides come in handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users