#1 brewman

brewman

Canyon Chin King of Chicago

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts
  • LocationFlorida Everglades

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Received an order from Northern yesterday and the yeast in the shipment was packaged in a padded envelope along with a cold pack. Due to my southern location and the 3 day shipping going over the weekend which ended up taking almost 5 days the WYEAST was hot and swollen. I emailed customer support last night and just received there reply. They offered to replace my yeast at no cost with expedited shipping to correct the problem. Having made a yeast starter last night and having it going strong this morning the replacement was not needed.This is not the first time they have gone in my opinion above and beyond. A few orders ago I was talking on the phone with them and told them I was military and asked for the discount they offer, not only did I get the discount he looked back at my order history and gave me store credit for the discount I did not receive for the online orders I had placed and noted in there system that future online orders from me will receive the discount.I have been very pleased with there service and products and will gladly recommend them to anyone looking for home brewing products.Dan

#2 brewman

brewman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

So the other day I tried to order something from Northern's website but each time I put something in the shopping cart the subtotal would be doubled. I called technical support and told them about it and they had me try a few things, clear cash. log out and back in, the normal stuff. The guy said he would up channel it to there IT department and see if they could figure it out and if he could take my order over the phone. So I made my order and all is good.When I received my order and opened the box I found something extra placed in my order. They sent me a Mongoose IPA pint glass. I guess it was there way of saying we are sorry for your troubles. I love Northern Brewers customer service.Posted Image

#3 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

That was cool of them. I have found their prices are high though.

#4 brewman

brewman

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13080 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Where do you order from?Dan

#5 Corbin

Corbin

Comptroller of Annoying-assed Threads That Go Too Freaking Long

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • LocationSt. louis, Mo.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Where do you order from?Dan

I'm a big fan of Midwest Supplies or I go to my local HBS. They are high but when you take shipping out of the equation and the brew club discount they are good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users