#21 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

+1 and I like that with my conversion the faucets are up at a natural height, not way down low in the big door to keep from the freezer door from hitting the handles.

...or coming out of the side.I think I will make a decorative wood plank to put on the outside to make it look cool where the taps come out.If I can find a stainless one on craigslist I might do that, otherwise I'm gonna get a new one from sears.

#22 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

...or coming out of the side.I think I will make a decorative wood plank to put on the outside to make it look cool where the taps come out.If I can find a stainless one on craigslist I might do that, otherwise I'm gonna get a new one from sears.

there is a place locally that sells scratch and dent fridges and such, you might have one there too, andif you are gonna cover it up anyway.....

#23 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

there is a place locally that sells scratch and dent fridges and such, you might have one there too, andif you are gonna cover it up anyway.....

Well the sides and bottom need to be nice in order to keep it in the kitchen and please the GF. so either it's gonna be new or in like new condition.

#24 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Well the sides and bottom need to be nice in order to keep it in the kitchen and please the GF. so either it's gonna be new or in like new condition.

if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy

#25 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy

And since she is nice enough to let me have a kegerator in the house, I gotta make sure I don't redneck it up.

#26 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Well the search is over. The GF put a kibosh on a full size fridge. She wants me to build a wet bar! I don't have time to do that right now though. The FFIL went to a restaurant auction yesterday and got me an under the counter True commercial fridge - brand new - for $85. It's 4 foot long and should hold at least 4 kegs. So it looks like I'm gonna have to build a cabinet for it and make a kegerator. Oh darn! :frank:Cheers,Rich

#27 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

Well the search is over. The GF put a kibosh on a full size fridge. She wants me to build a wet bar! I don't have time to do that right now though. The FFIL went to a restaurant auction yesterday and got me an under the counter True commercial fridge - brand new - for $85. It's 4 foot long and should hold at least 4 kegs. So it looks like I'm gonna have to build a cabinet for it and make a kegerator. Oh darn! :frank:Cheers,Rich

that Alt wasn't the only good score you got !

#28 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

No kidding right? I think I could work on something around the house beer related or not every night and weekend for the next 6 months and still not finish all the projects I need to do. This one will take precedence though.Cheers,Rich

#29 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68772 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

No kidding right? I think I could work on something around the house beer related or not every night and weekend for the next 6 months and still not finish all the projects I need to do. This one will take precedence though.Cheers,Rich

having a nice kegerator will make the other projects go smoother (or not happen at all)

#30 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

One of the projects is a brew shed. I think the GF would chop off my manhood if I started that one without there being a ring on her finger though.OH! So I put my bottle collection (750mL bottles) on top of the kitchen cabinets. The GF was not amused. i told her I would make something to hold them, but we needed to get rid of the moving boxes. So they stayed there. Fast forward to last night, I took out my stein collection and put it on top of the armiore. She face palmed and started muttering something about living in a frat house. I love tormenting her. Her friend did say the steins looked cool the way I put them up there.Cheers,Rich

#31 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

So I saw the kegerator tonight. It's cherry. It's built to go under a counter, so it looks like I'm gonna have to build a mini bar. This is gonna be sweet.Cheers,Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users