#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Got an annual lake trip with the boys coming up next week. Little time on the water and some golf in the Ozarks, just guy time. They are a bunch of BMC/wine/hard stuff drinkers but always finish what I bring too. Brewed a Kolsch this year and kind of messed up. I switched boil and final volumes up. So, there was a lot of malt in it but I just ran with it. Just tasted my 6.5% Kolsch tonight - finally got around to measuring a FG. Actually, very drinkable and it tastes like a Kolsch - surprisingly at this strength. Glad I lagered it as long as I did. Not hot at all. I'm not telling them though. :facepalm: I owe them from last year..........

#2 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

It will be fun to watch them with a fizzy yellow beer that is about 50% stronger than BMC. Make sure you pour them big glasses of it. :facepalm:

#3 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Revenge for the double G&Ts?

#4 Kansan

Kansan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawrence, KS

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

We just had our best brewhouse efficiency ever (trying a different sparge technique) this weekend on a Kolsch as well. OG came in 7 points higher than anticipated. It is chugging away in the fermenter right now. Good to hear that a little extra octane is still able to be held in check with this style. Hopefully it turns out as well as yours DJ, and mum is the word...

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

...and mum is the word...

It'll cost him a couple of bottles to keep me quiet though! :rolf: A good (and strong) Kolsch sounds good about now.

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

It'll cost him a couple of bottles to keep me quiet though! :rolf: A good (and strong) Kolsch sounds good about now.

I am with you on that one Deerslyr. The workday is done for me here on the eastcoast, I am home and ready to have the first beer of the day as well. I think I will make it my Kolsch as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users