#1 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

Wondering if any of my Colorado brethren will be attending the Salida beer festival this weekend.It is held at Riverside Park on the banks of the River Arkansas in Salida from 1 to 5 pm. Admission is $20, which includes a pint tasting glass. This is one of the better festivals in the state in my opinion. All the CO brewers come to this one and most bring some special beers to share. Most of the brewers themselves attend and they're a lot of fun to talk to.So who's coming out? Anybody? Mashman? Strangebrewer?https://www.colorado...3th_annual.html

#2 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Is there still a microbrewery with wood fired pizzas in salida? some years back we camped in the mountains for a week and this was clean up pit stop on the way home, can't remember the name of the place.

#3 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:01 PM

Hmmm tempting. We were planning to go camping that weekend but maybe we can just go camp in Salida :D I imagine it's dog friendly since it's outdoors? It's also a rodeo weekend in Buena Vista.

#4 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

Is there still a microbrewery with wood fired pizzas in salida? some years back we camped in the mountains for a week and this was clean up pit stop on the way home, can't remember the name of the place.

It used to be in the Il Vicino chain but now it's called Amica's. As far as I know, they're still there and still brewing.

Hmmm tempting. We were planning to go camping that weekend but maybe we can just go camp in Salida :D I imagine it's dog friendly since it's outdoors? It's also a rodeo weekend in Buena Vista.

That's what I'm gonna do. Our club is going to be camping on BLM land somewhere east of town.

#5 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hmmm tempting. We were planning to go camping that weekend but maybe we can just go camp in Salida :covreyes: I imagine it's dog friendly since it's outdoors? It's also a rodeo weekend in Buena Vista.

Here's a place to camp about 22 miles south of salida https://www.olt.org/index.htmand it's clothing optional :D

#6 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

Here's a place to camp about 22 miles south of salida https://www.olt.org/index.htmand it's clothing optional :D

I don't want to know how you found that place...I do know if you travel the same distance north you'll hit cottonwood hot springs where clothing is required and the liquor store is closer.

#7 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

[quote name='strangebrewer' date='Jul 6 2009, 09:46 PM' post='94448']I don't want to know how you found that place...my wife's brother set her up when we were camping out there, recommended it, his go to place but wife said no way.

Edited by wengared, 06 July 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#8 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

We're gonna be just SE of town across the river. If you know where the RV park is on Hwy 50, turn there and cross the river and we're back up in there someplace. Somewhere in this general vicinity: Visit my websiteGive me a call if you want to come by. I assume I'll have some kind of cell service there.

#9 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

SB, found an excellent new Flemish Red from Shamrock in Pueblo. It was the best beer at the festival hands down.

#10 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

SB, found an excellent new Flemish Red from Shamrock in Pueblo. It was the best beer at the festival hands down.

Shamrock you say? hmmm perhaps a road trip in your direction is in order. Maybe round it out with a trip to Bristol and Trinity.

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

Shamrock you say? hmmm perhaps a road trip in your direction is in order. Maybe round it out with a trip to Bristol and Trinity.

I call.

#12 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

I call.

When is this going down? I'm up for a road trip, any weekend except 8/7-8/9.

#13 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Before we get too deep in this, we should call and find out if they have any of the Flanders on tap. It's not listed on their website so I'm sure it's a limited release sorta thing.

#14 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

When is this going down? I'm up for a road trip, any weekend except 8/7-8/9.

Hmmm ok. They are all open saturday and sunday. I could do Sunday the 26th or either day next weekend 8/1 or 8/2. Thoughts? opinions?

#15 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1493 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Before we get too deep in this, we should call and find out if they have any of the Flanders on tap. It's not listed on their website so I'm sure it's a limited release sorta thing.

True. None of them have tours listed on their site either. Definitely worth a phone call before making the 2 hour drive to get there.

#16 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

I'm judging an event in Loveland Saturday and that's going to shoot my whole weekend. The weekend after is good I think. I need to avoid the 8-9th too. After that I'm pretty open.

#17 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:10 PM

Abort abort abort.The beer isn't on tap according to Alan Stiles. He said that they have bottled what was left over from Salida and plan to release it eventually. First they have to design labels and get them approved by ATF. So it could be a while. He's going to let me know when that happens.

#18 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

Abort abort abort.The beer isn't on tap according to Alan Stiles. He said that they have bottled what was left over from Salida and plan to release it eventually. First they have to design labels and get them approved by ATF. So it could be a while. He's going to let me know when that happens.

But I had my road trip mix tape all ready to go! :cheers:

#19 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:18 AM

Dontcha hate when you accidentally swap your road trip mix tape with the one you gave your ex-girlfriend to try to win her back and then have to listen to The Cure and Elton John all the way to Destin? Hypothetically?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users