#1 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

Not very elegant but I have been piecing this thing together for a while. I have this in the garage. Posted ImageI am not handy at all so I used vinyl house tile to cover the top of the box. I drilled a 2" hole on the top of the freezer to run the lines. Posted ImageThe snake farm inside:Posted ImageThe "fermentation section" on the other side of the fridge:Posted Image I have a two tap sanyo in the den. Posted Image

#2 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

I like the dual-locations , i could keep the wife off count easier.The sanyo Tap im jealous too, still have to move my CO2 tank to the outside of my fridge . On my project list. Thanks for sharing.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Congrats on the converstion and the kegerator. I think that is really cool how you converted that freezer. I honestly don't think I have seen that done like that before but it looks good. Pretty ingenious. I think the two tapper you got as well looks great. Enjoy the beers, Congrats and Happy 4th!!!

#4 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9175 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

I like the faucets in the lid bump-out. Some pipe hangers might help you hold those beer lines to the lid and route them to the back of the chest.

#5 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

I like the faucets in the lid bump-out. Some pipe hangers might help you hold those beer lines to the lid and route them to the back of the chest.

That is a good idea. Thanks.

#6 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:11 AM

Interesting approach. Do you have any insulation in the bump out?

#7 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

In hindsight, I should have stuff the box with insulation. I only plugged the hole I made on the freezer top with insulation. There is probably a length of six inches in the box that are at room temp. I could either take the top off the box that holds faucets and lay down some insulation or stuff the hole where the tubing is piped through.

#8 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:46 PM

Very nice idea! Way simpler than constructing a collar but just as effective.

#9 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Very nice idea! Way simpler than constructing a collar but just as effective.

Since it's an old freezer why not - one benefit of the collar is the freezer could likely be returned to normal configuration. This looks good though :D

#10 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the props, guys. After stoutFan's q I took the top off the box and laid down some insulation to keep the heat off the bev tubing.

#11 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

After looking at your pics and thinking about this means of freezer conversion I am surprised that this is honestly the first time I have seen this design. Maybe its cause if you have a freezer of that size someone might want to convert it to hold as many kdgs as possible and therefore build a collar. The simplicity of the idea vs making a collar for a freezer like that seems so much more approachable and attainable. I converted a smaller freezer 7 cuft to hold kegs but I still like the design. Nice work again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users