#1 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49866 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

I made this tonight for portabella sandwiches, although it would be awesome on fries, asparagus, bread, or really anything that could be dipped in something delicious. I love condiments! I was trying to find a way to use my stems from theportabellas, and this is what I came up with.Portabella and Parmesan Aioli3 portabella stems, brunoise1/2 small Spanish onion, brunoise2 cloves garlic, brunoise1 tsp tarragon, dried and chopped (I would use fresh the same way)1 tsp Kosher salt1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper1 tbsp unsalted butterSweat everything together in a small saute pan over medium low heat until the onions are translucent. Cool in fridge.Meanwhile.....Place:1 egg yolk2 cloves garic1 oz lemon juicein a food processor with the cooled mushroom mix and puree until smooth. Drizzle slowly:1 oz white truffle oil4 oz good extra virgin olive oilKosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to tasteLast but not least, add in 1 oz of freshly grated parmesan cheese.Drink beer with whatever you serve this with out of principle.

#2 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49866 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I just made some more of this and spread it on a baguette and toasted it and it is money!

#3 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

This is making an appearance tomorrow. I'm making some fresh french breads, so this should go well me thinks. One thing, the parmesan gets pureed also, right?

#4 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49866 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, add the parm right to the food processor or whatever you are using. You want to add it last though and it won't need to be in there very long. I guess you don't have to add it last, but I like to add cheese last to maintain a nice texture. Depending on how cheesy you want it, you can add more. This stuff is really good!

#5 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Homerun Doobah! This is/was freaking delicious. Even with the ribs, fresh made french bread, pork stuffed butterflied chicken wrapped in bacon, this was the thing that everyone said, "Wow, that's ridiculous". This will become a staple, thanks again man!

#6 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49866 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Awesome! I am glad you guys enjoyed it! It is always a hit here as well!

#7 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

It was apparent last night when I made this again that my first reaction of holy crap this is awesome was lackluster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users