#1 robsauce

robsauce

Comptroller of Teh Great Northern Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

Best thin crust pizza recipe out there. From his book, Bread Baker's Apprentice.https://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.htmlPersonal modifications:I've used this recipe to make 2 cookie sheet sized thick-er-ish crusted pizzas with good results. 1/2 - 1 tbsp of drieg oregano in the dough is also a nice touch. If pressed for time, use warm (80F) water and proof all the dough for 2 hours in a bowl instead of individually overnight in the fridge. Divide dough, let rest/proof for another 20-30min and then proceed with shaping your crust. You won't get as much flavor in the crust but it does work if in a time crunch.

#2 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43091 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Ok I made the dough last night. However I didn't have any rapid rise yeast. I just used regular Fleishmans yeast instead. The proofing info is quiet lacking in the recipe... Do I need to take it out 4 hours b4 baking instead of 2?

#3 robsauce

robsauce

Comptroller of Teh Great Northern Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

Out of the fridge and 2 hours on the counter to come to room temp is usually what I do.

#4 phalanxausage

phalanxausage

Atomic Chef! and Full-Time Francophile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3164 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I like using his pain a l'ancienne for pizza crust even more than the pizza crust recipe. Seriously good shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users