• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kremer

Kremer

Comptroller of MS Paint Diagrams and other vague unspecified stu

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9175 posts
  • Location38.360502, -85.311022 (Louisville, KY area)

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

My brewbuddy cousin and I knocked out 24G of RyeIPA last night. I have my 12G share in the basement bubbling away, we decided to do a double batch becase we can't seem to keep it in stock for long. It's hot and humid here in SW Ohio, is anyone else brewing this weekend?

#2 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

My brewbuddy cousin and I knocked out 24G of RyeIPA last night. I have my 12G share in the basement bubbling away, we decided to do a double batch becase we can't seem to keep it in stock for long. It's hot and humid here in SW Ohio, is anyone else brewing this weekend?

Ill be keggging my 5 gal batch of RyeIPA today. I also have 5 gals each of a blonde and pale ale that i need to bottle up for 'travelling beer'. Not looking forward to it. Isnt that why i started kegging? :devil: No brewing for me this weekend.

#3 Pseudolus

Pseudolus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Just pitched and finished cleanup for a hopbursted Amarillo wheat.

#4 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

I finished a hoppy cream ale/lager about 3 hours ago. I also got my shipment in from kegworks, a co2 distributor and a dual body regulator so I can carb root beer on one and beer on the others. I'll just wait for my shanks via morebeer.

#5 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

Dry Stout today, and "American" ESB tomorrow!

#6 Mashman

Mashman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationGunnison CO

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

I'm brewing 10G of Belgian Dubbel tomorrow. I might secondary 5G on brett C, not sure yet.Mashman

#7 HarvInSTL

HarvInSTL

Atomic Chef Harvey

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

I might secondary 5G on brett C, not sure yet.Mashman

I say do it. Gary and I brewed 20G of Dubbel a couple months ago and half of mine is getting some bugs!

#8 Salsgebom

Salsgebom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Dry Stout today, and "American" ESB tomorrow!

Ha! Finally brewing American ESBs! Still doing the simcoe route?I brewed 11gal of standard/special bitter yesterday and two versions of ESB today. One was a pretty traditional ESB and the other got a big dose of American hops in the whirlpool. I am looking forward to the traditional version, though I was more excited about the American one initially. Some headie beer, brah

#9 Flashman

Flashman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

Brewing an Oktoberfest first thing in the morning.

#10 kbhale

kbhale

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationEvansville IN

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

Picked 2 gallon of hops today. Well use some of them next weekend for a Wheat / Rye.

#11 Stuster

Stuster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

The weekend's finishing here, but I'm at home next week painting the whole apartment.The upside is that I'm going to brew while I paint. :devil: :facepalm: So tomorrow I finally get round to a lambic, followed on Tuesday by a Berliner Weisse. Both of those will take a while to mature (especially the lambic of course) so later in the week I'm hoping to do an American IPA and a Scottish 60/-. Sounding like a very busy but very satisfying week. :facepalm:

#12 Gumbo Leviathan

Gumbo Leviathan

Nutritional Anthropologist

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35459 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

Got a Fest in the mash tun now. Blew an IPA last night, so the BoPils I had lagering is going in its place. Gotta make room for the Fest in the lager fridge...

#13 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8263 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

12 gal of IPA bubbling happily away in the chest freezer from yesterday. I'm washing kegs and racking/drinking beer today :devil:

#14 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:42 AM

Ha! Finally brewing American ESBs! Still doing the simcoe route?I brewed 11gal of standard/special bitter yesterday and two versions of ESB today. One was a pretty traditional ESB and the other got a big dose of American hops in the whirlpool. I am looking forward to the traditional version, though I was more excited about the American one initially. Some headie beer, brah

Hah, yeah. I'm still not sure about Simcoe in the whirlpool...but I'll probably go with it. The only other American hops I have in the freezer are Northern Brewer and Chinook.

#15 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31556 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:56 AM

In about 10 minutes going to start brewing up 10 gallons of Ken's MLPA - 5 of it with WLP001 and the other 5 with WLP500. Should be interesting.

#16 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

and the other 5 with WLP500. Should be interesting.

That should be interesting- like a la chouffe belg IPA? Do you plan on keeping it cool the whole ferment or ramping it at the end? Did 13 gallons of an old ale here on friday. Got my treacle in from amazon, so a pound of that went into the boil at 20 out. This is either going on american oak spirals or french oak medium toast chips, not sure which one yet, suggestions welcome.

#17 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

That should be interesting- like a la chouffe belg IPA?

That would require adding finishing hops. :devil:

#18 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

Just consumption here this weekend. Tapped my 1st keg of BoPils and am loving it! Hope everyone's brew sessions went off without a hitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users