#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

Since Sunday, dammit. Don't really have time to brew this weekend. Unless I harvest some Wyeast 1007 and do a short brew tomorrow afternoon. And when I switched kegs around it's obvious that #4 is about to go.....Gotta put my thinking cap on - don't really want to to make another Sticke just yet and brew time is going to be short in July.........

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Since Sunday, dammit. Don't really have time to brew this weekend. Unless I harvest some Wyeast 1007 and do a short brew tomorrow afternoon. And when I switched kegs around it's obvious that #4 is about to go.....Gotta put my thinking cap on - don't really want to to make another Sticke just yet and brew time is going to be short in July.........

Wow, sounds like there has been some serious drinking in the KC area for sure. I was struggling here last week only drinking two kegs and not know how many of the 7 kegs that I took to a wedding would be gone. They were all drank but not drained. Now I have 9 kegs flowing. I am heading out of vacation on Sat myself and won't brew for almost 2 weeks. That sucks. Hope you can squeeze in some brews and keep the inventory going. In the meantime have another round.

#3 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:25 PM

You can brew pretty much anything that requires a real clean, attenuative yeast.Pale Ale, IPA, IIPA, American Barleywine, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, Koelsch, American Brown, American Amber, Blonde Ale, Cream Ale, American Wheat/Rye, Robust Porter....I wouldn't hesitate to use 1007 in any of those beers.

#4 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

Looks like you might have to crack open the old pocketbook and buy some commercial beer if brew time is running short. Or hit Drew up for some..

#5 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

German IPA? Darrel Porter? American Brown? Lentil Beer????Get some Belgian yeast!

#6 DubbelEntendre

DubbelEntendre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

Get some Belgian yeast!

This!

#7 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

If brew time is at a premium, you could also try doing an extract batch. I remember when I started and was on extract, brew days were quite short compared to the all grain brew days (I was also only doing 5 gallons with extract). With your current brewing knowledge, I am sure you could make a quality extract batch. Heck, it may be even be good for a little experiment to see if you can tell the difference.

#8 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:55 AM

..........With your current brewing knowledge, I am sure you could make a quality extract batch. Heck, it may be even be good for a little experiment to see if you can tell the difference.

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start.......... Think I'll just piggyback a couple batches next week.

#9 DirtyRugger

DirtyRugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTrenton, IL

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:39 AM

That sucks...of course it could be worse. I'm supposed to be moving in a couple of weeks so I'm pretty much trying to stretch the last 2 cases and 1/3 of a keg I have until I get into the new house and can get something else going. The good news is I'll have a dedicated brew room and bar in the new house, so a little suffering can be tolerated. Although maybe a nice wit would ferment out by the time I'm supposed to move.

#10 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

German IPA? Darrel Porter? American Brown? Lentil Beer????Get some Belgian yeast!

I am trying to keep my supply of beer up too, i made a Light Munich(german ) IPA today, but i did use Northern Brewer bittering, but Centennial hops throughout the rest. 1.060 OG, Safale 05 yeast , and active fermentation for the last five hours .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users