#1 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I have access to every other brewing site out there but my work blocks access to this site. Do you know why that might be and is there anything you can do to change that?

#2 Ret S. York

Ret S. York

pwn*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMooresville / Charlotte

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Very odd. It could be a mistake. Do you know what service or software is doing the blocking? Is there any company name on the block message? Does it mentioned a reason or category that they believe our website falls under?

#3 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'll have to check it out again for the message. It's websense that blocks it out and I think that it said something about 'dangerous content', but I'll have to check it again to be sure. I know that at least one other person has had this issue.

#4 TehFury

TehFury

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12181 posts
  • LocationA secret and heavily fortified compound.

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Google "virtual browser"

#5 LBG Bill

LBG Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

I'll have to check it out again for the message. It's websense that blocks it out and I think that it said something about 'dangerous content', but I'll have to check it again to be sure. I know that at least one other person has had this issue.

If you aren't worried about getting caught, you can hack websense in the registry :sarcasm:Our websense is currently down so I have free reign on sites, but a co-worker was told how to hack it by our desktop support manger after he gave the one finger solute to the company about 5 weeks ago.I can bug him to find out what the key is.

#6 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, I'd like to be able to do that.

#7 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:15 AM

Whatever you did worked; I can now access the site at work.Thanks

#8 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

That's great because we didn't do anything. I'm speculating that your content filter blocks by default and it just hadn't accumulated enough data yet to decide if we were something that it was going to allow through. I have no idea if that's reasonable or not but I'm going with it until somebody throws water on it.

#9 BikeBrewer

BikeBrewer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

That's great because we didn't do anything. I'm speculating that your content filter blocks by default and it just hadn't accumulated enough data yet to decide if we were something that it was going to allow through. I have no idea if that's reasonable or not but I'm going with it until somebody throws water on it.

Well, then, thanks for nothing! :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users