#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

The wife just said 'no'. Maybe I can bury it in the ground so she doesn't see it? Haha.

I see you just posted that your wife nixed your large C02 tank that JKoravos suggested LOL. Since you referred to her as your wife I figure you must have gotten married already. I read before about how you were planning to serve all of your beers and drinks at your wedding. How did it turn out? I had the pleasure of serving 7 kegs at a friends wedding this past Saturday and loved it. Just curious how it turned out in your experience. Congrats though and good luck with brewing frequently post marriage too.Mike

#2 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:23 AM

Haha. Thanks for remembering! The wedding was great, and we had a good honeymoon cruise to the caribbean, and are now in Taiwan for receptions with extended family here.Our wedding was a bit smaller, only around 100 people, but I wanted a huge selection so that everyone would have at least something of mine they would enjoy drinking. I also had custom pint glasses made, so that they would drink my beverage from my own glass.I had 5 jockey boxes at the wedding, of varying sizes, with a total of 25 faucets. I know it sounds rediculous, but it really was awesome. I had cheflamont help to set it up and he was fantastic with that, and I owe him a lot for it.My main jockey box has two cold plates, a 5-pass and a 6-pass, so it could support 11 total, then I used cheflamont's 6-pass jockey box, and a friend's 4-pass jockey box, and I have two 2-pass jockey boxes.There were some sodas, wine, cider, and mead as well as a large amount of beer. Even with the beer, I had some repeats, as I had some stouts on regular faucets, as well as stout faucets, and I built two randalls, so I had one that went through the randall, and one that didn't.Here is a list of what I had:Hard ciderPersimmon winerye iparoot beercream sodaginger alepale alekolschblondebelgian blondedry stoutoatmeal stoutimperial stouthefewitpersimmon melomeltraditional meadcyser meadCream AleIrish Red Aledry stout on nitrooatmeal stout on nitroimperial stout on nitropale ale on randallrye IPA on randallCheflamont took it all home, so i'm not sure if there is anything left (ha!). I am positive nothing went dry during the wedding, and it seemed well received. I made binders with inserts that had names and descriptions of the different beverages.what's funny is that wasn't even all that I have at home. There are many kegs at home that I didn't bring due to jockey box limitations, as well as they would have been too high in alcohol (though some of the meads were around 15%).Overall, I am very glad I did it, and I think it turned out great. I think some people took pictures of the setup that I will try to link to, I am not sure if Cheflamont took any pictures. I'm sure he will pipe up if he sees this thread.

#3 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:35 AM

That's pretty impressive - there are a lot of bars that don't have that many options on draft. Do you guys have families that really appreciate beer? I brought some dunkelweizen to a family event a few weeks ago and while I think a couple of people may have appreciated it others (Bud Drinkers) certainly did not. My aunt tried it and immediately made a face and said, "that's really bitter". This beer is less than 16 IBU :)

#4 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:47 AM

Our families overall don't really appreciate beer. There are a select few that do, and so did the pastor (I actually bring him and the other pastors at the church beer about once a month. Haha. Never thought I would be doing that). Plus there were a few brew club members at the wedding as well that I think appreciated it.I expected a number of people at the wedding to be BMC drinkers, which is why I made the blonde, cream, wit, hefe, ciders, and a couple other beers that were very light in color and very low in bitterness. I put that in the descriptions for them so they would know.

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:49 AM

Our families overall don't really appreciate beer. There are a select few that do, and so did the pastor (I actually bring him and the other pastors at the church beer about once a month. Haha. Never thought I would be doing that). Plus there were a few brew club members at the wedding as well that I think appreciated it.I expected a number of people at the wedding to be BMC drinkers, which is why I made the blonde, cream, wit, hefe, ciders, and a couple other beers that were very light in color and very low in bitterness. I put that in the descriptions for them so they would know.

Yeah - I was hoping if I could get people past the color of the dunkelweizen they'd be pleasantly surprised since it's pretty fizzy, light bodied, and low on hops.

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:59 AM

Haha. Thanks for remembering! The wedding was great, and we had a good honeymoon cruise to the caribbean, and are now in Taiwan for receptions with extended family here.Our wedding was a bit smaller, only around 100 people, but I wanted a huge selection so that everyone would have at least something of mine they would enjoy drinking. I also had custom pint glasses made, so that they would drink my beverage from my own glass.I had 5 jockey boxes at the wedding, of varying sizes, with a total of 25 faucets. I know it sounds rediculous, but it really was awesome. I had cheflamont help to set it up and he was fantastic with that, and I owe him a lot for it.My main jockey box has two cold plates, a 5-pass and a 6-pass, so it could support 11 total, then I used cheflamont's 6-pass jockey box, and a friend's 4-pass jockey box, and I have two 2-pass jockey boxes.There were some sodas, wine, cider, and mead as well as a large amount of beer. Even with the beer, I had some repeats, as I had some stouts on regular faucets, as well as stout faucets, and I built two randalls, so I had one that went through the randall, and one that didn't.Here is a list of what I had:Hard ciderPersimmon winerye iparoot beercream sodaginger alepale alekolschblondebelgian blondedry stoutoatmeal stoutimperial stouthefewitpersimmon melomeltraditional meadcyser meadCream AleIrish Red Aledry stout on nitrooatmeal stout on nitroimperial stout on nitropale ale on randallrye IPA on randallCheflamont took it all home, so i'm not sure if there is anything left (ha!). I am positive nothing went dry during the wedding, and it seemed well received. I made binders with inserts that had names and descriptions of the different beverages.what's funny is that wasn't even all that I have at home. There are many kegs at home that I didn't bring due to jockey box limitations, as well as they would have been too high in alcohol (though some of the meads were around 15%).Overall, I am very glad I did it, and I think it turned out great. I think some people took pictures of the setup that I will try to link to, I am not sure if Cheflamont took any pictures. I'm sure he will pipe up if he sees this thread.

Thats awesome man. Wow what a setup you had then. You had all the bells and whistles going on then too. I was pleased with my dispensing and I offered what I had ready to drink in my inventory. I had asked my friend back in January when he offered this to me to let me know as a final decision to yes brew and offer your beers. He never got back to me and I just brewed beers I wanted to make for the next few months. He e mailed me a week and a half before event and asked do you wanna serve and since I had the inventory I thought sure thing. I would have like to offered some other styles had I brewed specifically for it but it went over well none the less. People were excited and talking about the beers but noone showed or asked about making them. I was hoping or thinking I would get someone interested in homebrewing but the event was great so I can't complain. Congrats on your wedding and fine beer line up. Good Luck to you as well!!Mike

#7 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

It was very awesome and a good time. My only regret was that I had to drive home that night so I had to be on semi-good behavior.

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

It was very awesome and a good time. My only regret was that I had to drive home that night so I had to be on semi-good behavior.

I feel your pain. I had to go to my friends reception early to set up the beer and then my wife left early to relieve the babysitter. I had to do the same thing and just wait till I got home too.

#9 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28531 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

From that beer list it sounds like it would have been worth hiring a driver. :)

#10 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64148 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

Here is a list of what I had:Hard ciderPersimmon winerye iparoot beercream sodaginger alepale alekolschblondebelgian blondedry stoutoatmeal stoutimperial stouthefewitpersimmon melomeltraditional meadcyser meadCream AleIrish Red Aledry stout on nitrooatmeal stout on nitroimperial stout on nitropale ale on randallrye IPA on randall

:) Holy carp.

Edited by JKoravos, 23 June 2009 - 12:57 PM.

#11 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:41 AM

From that beer list it sounds like it would have been worth hiring a driver. :)

:) Why didnt I think of that!No worries. I am feeling better from my cold, and it is still in my garage :smilielol:. I'm just sayin.

#12 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

Congrats, Gnef, and well played!

#13 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

I just took back my kegs from Cheflamont. Surprisingly, he hadn't had much of the kegs. Haha.but man are they heavy. I was actually starting to wish that some of the kegs had run dry. We are moving the wife's things from her apartment tomorrow, and I wanted to have beer for those coming to help. I just hope they chill in time to be able to be served.I think it is time to have a gathering though, I have more beer right now than I know what to do with, and I want to keep brewing through the summer as well...

#14 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

I just took back my kegs from Cheflamont. Surprisingly, he hadn't had much of the kegs. Haha.but man are they heavy. I was actually starting to wish that some of the kegs had run dry. We are moving the wife's things from her apartment tomorrow, and I wanted to have beer for those coming to help. I just hope they chill in time to be able to be served.I think it is time to have a gathering though, I have more beer right now than I know what to do with, and I want to keep brewing through the summer as well...

Gnef. I know how you feel about your kegs being heavy. I wanted all 7 of mine to be gone by the time the wedding was over but none blew out and I have drank them over this past week. Hey do the folks in GA have a problem with beer that might be cool rather than cold. If it were me I would not hesitate on an offer of qualtiy brew that you have on hand. You have way more stock than me but I agree I refuse to slow down brewing while having too much on hand to drink so I think I need to have a get together as well. Good Luck with your move and beer.

#15 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:36 AM

I dont have a problem with cool beer :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users