- - - - -

Beer Gun

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

There's also a major chunk of talent involved there.Sometimes I think a major collection of tools just covers up a lack of talent.Please don't ask how I know this. :)

Ok, you asked for it.How do you know this? :smilielol:

#22 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

I have bottles that were filled two years ago with a Beer Gun and the carbonation is fine and the beer tastes good. So as long as you use it correctly there are no concerns.One thing about chilling the bottles, if you put them in the freezer, don't leave them in too long. If you start filling a bottle that is so cold that it freezes the beer, you will create a bunch of foam and lose carbonation. I put the bottles in the fridge sometimes. Sometimes I don't worry about it.I agree that the rubber stopper can be problematic. You have to keep an eye on it. Fortunately, I haven't had any disasters.

#23 mikebrad

mikebrad

Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4038 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

thanks for the feedback guys. looks like stoutfan has a nice FAQ on using the beer gun.

Edited by mikebrad, 23 June 2009 - 07:28 AM.

#24 CoastieSteve

CoastieSteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Late to this thread, but I've never had a problem with my BeerGun. Though I only bottle occasionally, I find it fun to use, but I must admit that I haven't lost the rubber part in the bottom of full beer, yet...

#25 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:35 AM

Ok, you asked for it.How do you know this? :smilielol:

I've seen your workshop.ZING! :)See....I told you not to ask. :smilielol:

#26 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Why are you pouring oxidized beer into your nice CO2 purged and filled beer bottle? That pretty much defeats the purpose of using a CPBF/Beer gun.

You know my thought was because the bottle was purged I was fine, never donned on me that the beer I was pouring in was in contact- even a little O2 is still O2, I should probably rethink this practice- good catch.

#27 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

I have never had the failure and flood like Andy, but I saw right from the beginning that the little stopper thingy is the weak link in the process. I am always really careful with it. Mine is also getting loose because of a crack in the rubber. I have been meaning to get a replacement but havent gotten arount to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users