1 reply to this topic

#1 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Can't say enough good things about this place. It's technically a tavern, but I want to call it a tap house. It's environment is akin to european bars, with some pretty ornate molding on the ceiling and old pictures on the wall. Overall, the feel is darker, comfortable and very friendly. The food is great for this type of establishment. I've had most things on the menu, but their burgers and garlic fries are legit. THey have a burger that has some kind of orangish sauce that is killer. THat burger is topped with a fried egg. Messy, rich goodness abound. Their dogs are killer, but their garden panini is what Nellasid loves. All freshly sourced and just the right amount of food to leave room for beer, The beer. 18 rotating taps, happy hour is half off any tap brewed within 100 miles which is a lot around these parts. The "beertenders". These guys are awesome. Rick sellers is currently working there, nice guy, very into beer. He was a partner with peter Hoey at the late Odonata brewing. Really sad to see that local brewery go. Killer beer and couldn't be run by nicer guys. I digress, very knowledgeable, very friendly and are always open to suggestion and criticism. The owner, Dylan, knows us by name and sight. We walk in and if he's there he's talking to us, asking about how we've been, any new beers etc. Neat guy. The first night I was there, I was behind the bar with another beertender sampling some of their liquors. Not saying this will happen to you, but it was all gratis. Just all around great folks here. All in all, this is the type of place that everyone should have local. Can't say enough good stuff about sam horne's. If ever in the sacramento area, this place is a little bit of a drive, about 30 minutes, but worth it's weight in gold. A real local gem.

#2 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25477 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, now you tell me. :P :DFriday afternoon we were looking for a place to have lunch. We ended up at "Streets if London" pub on Bidwell. It is OK for a bar, the Fish & Chips were mediocre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users