- - - - -

MJV Pics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

This is our (wife and I's) 5th annual Mugs for Juggs fundraiser party we host every year for the Komen 3day. My wife raises money to be able to walk 60miles in 3 days in support of breast cancer. My club Lawrence Brewers Guild helps me with keeping 10 taps flowing till the sun comes up. And the band played well into the night. This year we had 18 different beers to choose from. Went thru 120#'s of BBQ and 200 commemorative pint glasses. We needed more BBQ and more pint glasses this year. We raised $3800.00 this one night. Here are a few pics of my front yard. A good time had by all. The Beer Walk of Fame.Posted ImageThe first 10, still waiting on 9. And our Mugs pint glass. Stangbat brewed the Fuzzy Yellow Kolsch. This board turned over at least twice. We also had a 1/2bll of NB Grand Cru donated. Posted ImageThe crowd is starting to gather.Posted ImagePosted ImageMJ cake. The pint glass logo is the exact same.Posted ImageCommemorative T-Shirts.Posted Image

#2 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Link to my coworkers BBQ catering article that just came out today. Mugs for Juggs even got mentioned.https://www2.ljworld...nowledge-use-b/

#3 stangbat

stangbat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationKC Metro, KS side

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

A ton of fun for a good cause. The beer and food were outstanding. And the band did a great job. I remarked a few times that you knew you were in the right place when guests kept driving in and walking up to the event with corny kegs.

#4 LoveThemBrowns

LoveThemBrowns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

Great post and great event! But what I think you want to say instead of "in support of breast cancer" is "in support of eliminating breast cancer."and the cake is AWESOME!!

#5 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

Great post and great event! But what I think you want to say instead of "in support of breast cancer" is "in support of eliminating breast cancer."and the cake is AWESOME!!

Excellent. I will make sure to start saying it that way. Thanks.

#6 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12431 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Great friggin time, as always Andy! :covreyes:You may have even cured one of my friends off the Natty Light. :cheers:

#7 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Great friggin time, as always Andy! :cheers:You may have even cured one of my friends off the Natty Light. :covreyes:

Cool,And your better half was looking mighty fine. You can tell her i said that, but i may have told her myself :cheers:

#8 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

So wheres the Jugs?

#9 Beejus McReejus

Beejus McReejus

Comptroller of Flying Ducks

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12431 posts
  • LocationTopeka, KS

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

Cool,And your better half was looking mighty fine. You can tell her i said that, but i may have told her myself :covreyes:

You're lucky that restraining order has expired. :cheers:

#10 thool

thool

Comptroller of Great Pendulous Videos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3657 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:41 AM

Cool!Now if only testicular cancer got as much airtime, you could launch a Scones for Stones fundraiser.

#11 crankycat

crankycat

Comptroller of Zombies

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2107 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

The t-shirt design made me laugh. Good job on the event.

#12 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

Looks like it was a fine time. Great Cause for sure, way to go. Nice beer lineup as well.

#13 klickcue

klickcue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

A great night, beer and food.An excellent host, we all had!

#14 *_Guest_Blktre_*

*_Guest_Blktre_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the Kudos. Its become a highly anticipated event. We had people from 8+ hrs away attend. I cant say enough of all the help we get. Just about everything is donated give or take $4-500.00 or so. Lots more pics but you guys get the idea.Thanks again.

Edited by Blktre, 17 June 2009 - 05:22 PM.

#15 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Cool!Now if only testicular cancer got as much airtime, you could launch a Scones for Stones fundraiser.

Men's diseases don't count!You know that Joe. :cheers:

#16 LBG Bill

LBG Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

The event was a complete blast, as always. I missed the one last year but have been to the previous 3. Always a good time, tons of great people, music, food and of course brew.

#17 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:00 AM

Wow, you throw one helluva party. I remember when you first posted about MFJ on the GB.

#18 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:16 AM

Men's diseases don't count!You know that Joe. :cheers:

With the beers and food like it sounds and as much fun at it looks. I don't think I would mind attending a shindig for a noble cause female related or not.

#19 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54221 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

Andy: That looks awesome. I would like to send you a personal thanks for all of that effort too as my wife is a breast-cancer survivor. We have been to numerous Komen events, but none of them involved BBQ or homebrew, unfortunately. Thanks for sharing the pics & cheers to you.

#20 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64142 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:51 AM

Nice job, Andy. Look like a great time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users