3 replies to this topic

#1 Thag

Thag

Comptroller of Nothing

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47523 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

I would like to see this site grow and be what we once had three years or so on the Greenboard. As you guys develop exactly how you sift through the moderation guidelines, do you think the personal insults could just be removed from the threads. I know often they are meant as humor but I think they really bring the dialog down. I have been guilty as the next guy from time to time and have no heartache with anything that comes close to being removed. I am hopeful that what brought down the greenboard does not become common place here.

#2 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

It depends on the context. We've always had a policy against personal attacks, and that will obviously continue to be enforced. There's a lot of good-natured teasing that goes on that could be interpreted as insults, so we don't want to be too heavy-handed. But yes, when an argument degenerates into simple stupid mud-slinging, we hope to put a stop to it more quickly than we did before.

#3 *_Guest_BigBossMan_*

*_Guest_BigBossMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Jerk.Loooooove you.

Edited by BigBossMan, 31 March 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#4 MX1

MX1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

I am on a cigar board with, get this, ZERO mods.It is a "self" moderated forum, and for the most part it works out really well. There are no deleted threads, and very few deleted post.I am a big fan of not deleting content, lock it down so there can be new asshatery, but leave it so others can learn from the example.It works there, and may not be right for all boards and I love this board they way it is.Just wanted offer a different opinion.Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users