Photo
- - - - -

Which logo do you like?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Which logo do you like? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Which logo do you like?

1. Logo #1 (7 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. Logo #2 (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

3. Logo #3 (15 votes [30.61%])

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

4. None of them (1 votes [2.04%])

Percentage of vote: 2.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HarvInSTL

HarvInSTL

Atomic Chef Harvey

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

I've had someone work up some designs for a logo and here is what they have come up with. I'm interested in which of the three you like (if any) and maybe what you like/dislike about them.Thanks!Logo #1Posted ImageLogo #2Posted ImageLogo #3Posted Image

#2 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:01 AM

They all look great; very attractive and professionally done. I'm not completely sure why, but I think I'd be more likely to grab a beer off the shelf that carried the second logo. Maybe something about the simplicity of the design is more suggestive of craftsmanship in brewing? Other people may have a different take.

#3 43hertz

43hertz

Gold Star Recipient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8660 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:20 AM

Number three for me.I've never liked nor understood the split in the anvil graphic of the other two, though I've seen it many, many times.

#4 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:01 AM

I vote for Three. I like two and three, but 2 seems like a lable that would go on the neck of a bottle. All very cool!

#5 harryfrog

harryfrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationAtascadero, CA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

The anvil on 2 is a little oddThe relief on the text in logo 3 looks more like the registration was off in the printing process than if you intentionally did it.But, I like the style you're heading for!

#6 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

#7 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:30 AM

Three then two

#8 Noontime

Noontime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach FL

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

#1 I think reminds me of a football or baseball.I like the old world, craftsman look of the second one; it reminds me of leather; but as someone else said it's a bit diminutive.#3 the anvil doesn't look like an anvil...it kind of looks like a broken piece of railroad track. The only reason I knew it was an anvil was because of the other labels.I think you have all the componants of a very good label here, but just have to assemble them differently. I would first try to define the "mood" you're going for. They all have a "blue collar" kind of feel to them, while #2 also has a bit of a handmade stamped leather kinda thing going on.

#9 wengared

wengared

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

I voted for #1, it looks more like a beer label.

#10 Patrick C.

Patrick C.

Comproller of Toilet Tank Vodka

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8906 posts
  • LocationAcworth GA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

#1 reminds me of-Posted Image

#11 MtnBrewer

MtnBrewer

Skynet Architect

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6695 posts
  • LocationThe Springs

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Number three for me.I've never liked nor understood the split in the anvil graphic of the other two, though I've seen it many, many times.

I'm having trouble seeing the connection between the anvil and boilermaking but the split doesn't bother me. I like 2 the best.

#12 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

I'm having trouble seeing the connection between the anvil and boilermaking but the split doesn't bother me. I like 2 the best.

I also didn't see the connection. I've worked extensively with boilermakers in the construction of power boilers, and I never saw an anvil in their gang box. I guess that the connection is an image of craftsmanship?

#13 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54237 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

#2, then #3. I like the scrubbed-out, distressed look of #2. Cheers.

#14 boo boo

boo boo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHeart's Delight, Newfoundland

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

Number two for me also.

#15 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

As they are I think #1 will pop the most on a brown glass bottle. I like #2 but I think it will get washed out a bit on brown glass. #3 looks to me too much like something on a box of flour or baking soda.

#16 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:58 PM

I vote for Three. I like two and three, but 2 seems like a lable that would go on the neck of a bottle. All very cool!

+1 voted for #3

#17 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

#1 reminds me of-Posted Image

good beer and good food.

#18 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64144 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Surpised there's not much love for #1. I think #2 would look cool as a sign over a bar, but it's too neutral. JJ makes a good point about how it would look on a brown bottle. I don't know why, but #3 just doesn't do it for me. I think the colors in #1 just remind me of beer.

#19 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

yep I agree

#20 Noontime

Noontime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach FL

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

As they are I think #1 will pop the most on a brown glass bottle. I like #2 but I think it will get washed out a bit on brown glass. #3 looks to me too much like something on a box of flour or baking soda.

Getting washed out is a valid concern, but I think it could also work as an advantage; use the lighter color of the label to create a border which will delineate the label, but the color of the label may visually connect with the rest of the bottle giving it unity. It may look like one "thing" instead of a bottle with a label (which is perfectly fine also...just an observation).I'm with you on #3. You could walk down any grocery isle and see similar 2 color logos on many different products...it made me think of bread or borax. I kind of like it though...it reminds me of products I saw growing up in the 70's. It's also the most dynamic...it has energy saying "Hey...look at me!" reminds me of the "BLAM" and "POW" of the original Batman series.Since some have commented on the importance of the anvil, maybe you could create a sentence or two to describe and identify your beer (brand). This would also give you more content to fill space on the label if you wanted to make #1 or #2 a bit bigger like #3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users