#1 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:32 AM

So I'm going on vacation tomorrow for about ten days. We're leaving my step-son behind, who is notorious for drinking my beer whenever I'm not looking. I have 3 carboys in primary that have probably already sat too long, (one, a Belgian Golden Strong, for about a month, and two witbiers at about three weeks.), so I have a decision to make. I could keg them and just hide all of the tapping equipment, (in which case I'm worried that no matter where I hide them, he'll find them), or move them into secondary carboys, which would entail moving one, cleaning it in order to move the next, etc... (not looking forward to that), or just leaving them in primary. I would rather just leave them alone, but will that cause serious issues by the time I get back into town?

#2 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18078 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

Just my opinion here, leave them. I typically let my beers sit in the primary for 4-6 weeks before kegging. Gives them plenty of time to completely finish and clear. I have never noticed any off flavors or issues by doing this.

#3 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Just my opinion here, leave them. I typically let my beers sit in the primary for 4-6 weeks before kegging. Gives them plenty of time to completely finish and clear. I have never noticed any off flavors or issues by doing this.

yeah - I think this would be fine as well.now - how old is the step-son that is drinking the beer??? sounds like it's time for an ass-whoopin'!!! :unsure:

#4 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

yeah - I think this would be fine as well.now - how old is the step-son that is drinking the beer??? sounds like it's time for an ass-whoopin'!!! :unsure:

I concur on both parts.

#5 chefmiller

chefmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

He's 23, and I don't think that my wife would like me beating her son's ass. I'd like to kick his lazy ass out on the street to be honest, but the wife....

#6 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10748 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

keg them, but don't carb them....and then put a little bit in a different keg with about a pint of vinegar and put that in your serving fridge. He'll think your batch was ruined and leave it alone.AND THEN kick his ass out on the street

#7 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

keg them, but don't carb them....and then put a little bit in a different keg with about a pint of vinegar and put that in your serving fridge. He'll think your batch was ruined and leave it alone.AND THEN kick his ass out on the street

Posted Image This I like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users