#1 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:07 AM

Sorry if this has been recently discussed in any way, I just havent been on here as much as usual. It has been over a year since I have needed to purchase hops a pound at a time. I just went to the freshops page, and I got an error looks like the site is down. Are they still in business, and this is temporary? Hopsdirect looks like they are sold out of all the good stuff, where can I go to buy good leaf hops in a decent quantity? The HBSs are still $2 an ounce, for a small beer thats fine, but I want to brew a big DIPA next and will need 16-20 ounces or so. Any new sources?

#2 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68761 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Sorry if this has been recently discussed in any way, I just havent been on here as much as usual. It has been over a year since I have needed to purchase hops a pound at a time. I just went to the freshops page, and I got an error looks like the site is down. Are they still in business, and this is temporary? Hopsdirect looks like they are sold out of all the good stuff, where can I go to buy good leaf hops in a decent quantity? The HBSs are still $2 an ounce, for a small beer thats fine, but I want to brew a big DIPA next and will need 16-20 ounces or so. Any new sources?

I can get to the order page but not the main pageLinkMy link

#3 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Cool, thanks for the linkup! :sarcasm:

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

hops direct is another good option. I've done a few orders from them and have always been happy with what I get.

#5 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

hops direct is another good option. I've done a few orders from them and have always been happy with what I get.

this is where i buy my hops online from.Thirsty, that is a big double IPA needing 16-20 oz of hops... sheesh.Edit: found bcrosby site has alot of pellet hops, not much whole hops.I have never bought from them.https://www.bcrosbyh...tegories-4.html

Edited by Kegdude, 03 July 2011 - 07:19 AM.

#6 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

It looks like the freshops is up again. They've fancied up the site a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users