#1 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

So I had this Sony TV that is a 36" XBR - really nice TV actually. I replaced it with a new 47" LCD and was looking to get rid of it. Couldn't find anyone that wanted to give me anything reasonable for it. So I told my buddy about it and wanted it but didn't have cash. So he asked if he had anything I wanted. I thought about it, and decided that a romp around with his wife would be a little weird, so knowing that he used to make beer I asked if he had any of his bottles still. He said sure I can have them all. I was figuring that I was going to get like 8 cases of regular bottles or something. So he came over, and he brings like 25 cases of EZ-Cap bottles - most are the normal brown Ez-Cap guys, but then there are the other blue ones, some of the big blue ones and the huge green 1 liter ones. Plus a couple cases of the 22oz bomber bottles. I was like DAYUM. Ended up being a great trade. Imma have to count them all when I get back home and see how many cases there really are and of what. But I was like :)

#2 stlinch

stlinch

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

What are these "bottles" you speak of?Nice Score!

#3 Winkydowbrewing

Winkydowbrewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWorcester, MA

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

Thats a nice score, especially when you think how long it woulda taken to delabel that many commercial bottles and clean them out...good deal.

#4 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Thats a nice score, especially when you think how long it woulda taken to delabel that many commercial bottles and clean them out...good deal.

No doubt! I am a huge fan of the Ez-Cap bottles with the clip tops too. I HATE bottle caps :)

#5 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Nuttin an overnight soak in Oxyfree will take care of!

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

Nice score congrats. Your trade sounds like something I would have done too. Just remember to keep those bottles filled.

#7 CaptRon

CaptRon

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

Nice score congrats. Your trade sounds like something I would have done too. Just remember to keep those bottles filled.

No doubt that is going to be the bigger challenge. I'm finding it hard to brew with a 6 week old in the house. The whole time/money thing. I'm doing what I can though, I got a Stout that I need to bottle REAL soon. :)

#8 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

I understand your restrictions I was the same way a couple of years ago with mine. Congrats on the new addition as well. Good Luck with the Stout. I am sure it will be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users