positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

I currently have 16 kegs of beer. :P

I've got 7 kegged but some are pretty low on beer. 3 that will get kegged in the next month or so and probably 2-3 cases of bottles of various things. actually an all time high for me as well. :)

#3 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64095 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

I have at least two that will kick in the near future. I may even bottle them off. My goal is to have all 20 of my usable kegs full by the mid-June (i.e. baby time). I think I can do it. Three more batches, maybe four.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

I have at least two that will kick in the near future. I may even bottle them off. My goal is to have all 20 of my usable kegs full by the mid-June (i.e. baby time). I think I can do it. Three more batches, maybe four.

I'm planning on brewing at least one more beer before it gets real hot. I'm actually hoping for it to be 2 more but that means I'll have to kick the a keg or two of the aforementioned kegs. It's a balancing act where on the one end I get to make beer and on the other end I get to drink it. I guess I really can't lose :ttiuwp:

#5 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

I have 125 gallons sitting in my cellar. Some are in fermenters still and some in kegs and still some in a barrel .. that is a LOT of beer.

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

(i.e. baby time).

#2? Good for you, congrats :ttiuwp:

#7 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64095 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

#2? Good for you, congrats :ttiuwp:

Yup, new brew buddy comes late-June. If the 1st one is any indication I won't be brewing for a while. I went 8 months with the last one. I may take that time to build the new brew system. It's a lot easier to work on that an hour or two at a time, as opposed to 6-8 hours for brewing a batch.

#8 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Yup, new brew buddy comes late-June. If the 1st one is any indication I won't be brewing for a while. I went 8 months with the last one. I may take that time to build the new brew system. It's a lot easier to work on that an hour or two at a time, as opposed to 6-8 hours for brewing a batch.

in year one of my brew buddy I think I got in about 16 batches. not too bad I don't think!

#9 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18071 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

My daughter was born in November(2009)and I spent that winter re-building my system. I agree that the short periods of time make it easier and now with the way I have it set up I can let it do its thing and just come back in for hop additions and to make sure there are no problems. Build that fully automated system you were talking about and the baby will be able to brew for you!

#10 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

My daughter was born in November(2009)and I spent that winter re-building my system. I agree that the short periods of time make it easier and now with the way I have it set up I can let it do its thing and just come back in for hop additions and to make sure there are no problems. Build that fully automated system you were talking about and the baby will be able to brew for you!

this is the best argument for automation that I've heard. :ttiuwp:

#11 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

I have 35 gallons chilling, kegged, or fermenting right now. Most I have ever had at one time. I think I have another 3-4 keg capacity right now. Won't be able to brew again for a few weeks though.Cheers,Rich

#12 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

I have 125 gallons sitting in my cellar. Some are in fermenters still and some in kegs and still some in a barrel .. that is a LOT of beer.

It changes things a little when you have full sized barrels :blink: If you include beer, wine, and mead that is in barrels or fermenters then I weigh in around 125 gallons. If you include kegs then add another 45-50 gallons to that. I don't remember how many bottles of wine are down there anymore so I'm not counting those :ttiuwp:

#13 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

Had 4/18 blow since Sat. No fun, but better than bottling.... Until I have rotated through all of them they are getting 24 hrs with Straight A or PBW for 24 hours and 1/4" cut off the dip tubes.

#14 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Currently I have:12 kegs filled (9 are ready for drinking) 3 are secondary awaiting carbonation.12 carboy filled 8 in secondary 4 in primary.120 gallons on hand currentlyOh yes and I finally have 2 empty kegs. Beer pouring event on Thursday so hopefully a couple of kegs more will blow and I will be brewing again in the next week or so. Not bad for Brewing 2011 starting a brewery is rough work :ttiuwp: :blink:

#15 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

I am only up to 55 gallons of beer brewed for 2011, but with all my beers from previous years, along with wines, meads and ciders, I have over 70 kegs filled. Not to the brim on all of them, and I have no practical way of calculating exactly how many gallons I have, but they all have something in them.I do have a couple weddings for friends I am going to be doing the beer for, so I will be brewing quite a bit for the foreseeable future, which will increase my beer count for 2011. The problem is only have around 14 kegs empty right now (total of 90 kegs), so I may have to buy more kegs!

#16 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

I am only up to 55 gallons of beer brewed for 2011, but with all my beers from previous years, along with wines, meads and ciders, I have over 70 kegs filled. Not to the brim on all of them, and I have no practical way of calculating exactly how many gallons I have, but they all have something in them.I do have a couple weddings for friends I am going to be doing the beer for, so I will be brewing quite a bit for the foreseeable future, which will increase my beer count for 2011. The problem is only have around 14 kegs empty right now (total of 90 kegs), so I may have to buy more kegs!

Every time I think I might be over doing it, you bring be back to earth. It makes me think I ought to get another 6 kegs to just sit aside and let things age. I hate having kegs tied up with big beers with current keg inventory, but that would do the trick.Posted Image

#17 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Haha. I'm glad I could help!Aging is the main reason why I have so many kegs. I like to be able to age beers for however long I want, but that can tie up a keg for years, and I still need to be able to brew on a regular basis. I just kept buying kegs gradually, and it has gotten to 90 now, and at this point, I am thinking about buying a pallet of 20 in the future.I do meads and ciders every year, and I store the kegs away. My intention is to do a vertical tasting every 5 years or so, and since I have been doing ciders and meads since 2006, the 5 year mark is coming up pretty soon. Once I build the walk-in cooler, it will make the vertical tasting pretty simple, as I plan to have 20 faucets coming out of the walk-in eventually (start with 8, then gradually add more as time and money permit).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users