#21 Wayne B

Wayne B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

is cc costco? walmart here sells wildflower honey for $7.50 for 3 lbs. last time i was in sams in st.louis 5 lb was $8. ? for 5 lbs., that was a year ago.

He means credit card statement. He bought the honey at the Madhava store directly. Madhava is a honey packer/reseller in Lyons, near Boulder, CO. They don't really discount their honey much if any in their Lyons store as compared to their brands sold thru other retailers.

Edited by Wayne B, 09 June 2009 - 03:27 PM.

#22 ANUSTART

ANUSTART

The Drunk Dump Truck Euphanism.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3268 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:20 PM

I was wondering why there were so many yellow signatures in the snow :cheers:you never went out to the point where the ruins are?

Yea, I've been up there. It's one nice piece of marble and a bunch of crappy looking stones scattered about. Nice views though. I like that trail cause it's almost exactly 3 miles up and it's close to my house. Some evenings you can hear the music at Red Rocks.

is cc costco? walmart here sells wildflower honey for $7.50 for 3 lbs. last time i was in sams in st.louis 5 lb was $8. ? for 5 lbs., that was a year ago.

credit card

#23 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25590 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

Anything lower and you have to pay shipping, so it evens out in most cases. :cheers:You might check Miller's honey. I've used them before. Right now OB is $2.02/lb and ships from California.

I went with Millers Honey. The Orange Blossom was the best tasting I found. It was better than the local expensive boutique honey that was 1/3 more per pound for with a 45 pound minimum. With shipping factored in, I paid $3.35/lb net for 17 lbs. I got 1 ea 5 pound jug + 1 ea 1 gallon (12 lbs) pale.If you want to get 5 gallons (60 pounds) it is cheaper. I do not want to be storing honey for months and months, so I traded an increase in price for convenience.Around here, Whole Foods has Miller's Honey on the shelf, so you can purchase a smaller quantity and taste before buying pounds of the stuff.zymot

#24 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

I've never bought from these people before, but their prices seem very reasonable for bulk purchases of 5 gal (60 lbs) at $108, which comes out to $1.80 per lb. Of course with shipping it will be a bit more. For anyone local to Lancaster, PA you could avoid shipping costs by buying directly from their walk-in store.https://dutchgoldhon...store/lobby.asp

#25 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

I've never bought from these people before, but their prices seem very reasonable for bulk purchases of 5 gal (60 lbs) at $108, which comes out to $1.80 per lb. Of course with shipping it will be a bit more. For anyone local to Lancaster, PA you could avoid shipping costs by buying directly from their walk-in store.https://dutchgoldhon...store/lobby.asp

When I lived in PA I used to get honey from them and I can vouch for them being a top notch honey retailer. Great honey at a great price. Of course I was also just walking into the store to avoid the shipping.

#26 BeesNBrews

BeesNBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Ohio

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

Can't let a honey price discussion go on without a reference:https://www.seattlep...053_honey30.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users