3 replies to this topic

#1 BrianBrewerKS

BrianBrewerKS

Comptroller of Winging It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

I've ordered supplies from Austin Homebrew quite a few times in the past and had no problem with them. Then I started ordering just from Midwest Supplies (with no problems). This last order I figured it up and it ended up being cheaper to place my order with Austin Homebrew, so I placed the order on April 5.I got an e-mail confirmation on April 5 that my order had been received and that it would be processed soon. On their website, they say that flat rate shipping orders are delivered in 2-8 business days. Remember, I ordered this on Tuesday, April 5 (in the morning). I'll even give them that day...so the clock starts on Wednesday, April 6. So far, it's been 9 business days, and my order still hasn't arrived. I received an e-mail today saying that my order has been processed and "is ready for pickup by UPS". So it still hasn't even left the store! WTF?Anyways, like I said, in the past I was fairly happy with them...but I won't be ordering from them again. Midwest Supplies gets my orders to me in at least 4-5 business days. (most times quicker) And it's not like I live in Hawaii or something, we're talking about a package that is being shipped from Austin, TX to Wichita, KS.-1 for Austin Homebrew

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53365 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

I've ordered supplies from Austin Homebrew quite a few times in the past and had no problem with them. Then I started ordering just from Midwest Supplies (with no problems). This last order I figured it up and it ended up being cheaper to place my order with Austin Homebrew, so I placed the order on April 5.I got an e-mail confirmation on April 5 that my order had been received and that it would be processed soon. On their website, they say that flat rate shipping orders are delivered in 2-8 business days. Remember, I ordered this on Tuesday, April 5 (in the morning). I'll even give them that day...so the clock starts on Wednesday, April 6. So far, it's been 9 business days, and my order still hasn't arrived. I received an e-mail today saying that my order has been processed and "is ready for pickup by UPS". So it still hasn't even left the store! WTF?Anyways, like I said, in the past I was fairly happy with them...but I won't be ordering from them again. Midwest Supplies gets my orders to me in at least 4-5 business days. (most times quicker) And it's not like I live in Hawaii or something, we're talking about a package that is being shipped from Austin, TX to Wichita, KS.-1 for Austin Homebrew

They have always been marginally slow for me too. I have not ordered from them in a long time and that's one of the reasons. I will say that I liked their kits when I was an extract brewer and I also liked the fact that the guys in the store would help you over the phone or via email if you had questions or concerns... so the people seem good to me. But I can't plan a brewday if it's going to take that long to get my ingredients or supplies. If you want fast turnaround, check out these guys at Rebel Brewer in TN. I created a review for them here and they are unbelievably fast and their stuff is very good & fresh. Cheers.

#3 Jdtirado

Jdtirado

Comptroller of Betties & Crocs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2162 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

I just ordered from Austin Brew. They are so much more expensive than MW, especially on shipping.I wanted their Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout Clone, but I don't think that I will order from them again.MW allows me to put it my FedEx number and are very accommodating.

#4 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

I've only mostly bought hardware from them... can't say I've ever purchased ingredients unless I was having them tossed into the shipment of equipment. I like them for their hardware prices. It's where I got my March Pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users