Photo
- - - - -

Sam Adams Long Shot 6 Pack

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Long Shot 6 Pack (0 member(s) have cast votes)

The Bock

1. I like it (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. It's ok (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. I don't like it (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

The Cranberry Wit

1. I like it (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. It's ok (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. I don't like it (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

The Double IPA

1. I like it (10 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

2. It's ok (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. I don't like it (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:58 PM

I'm sitting here working on the Bock and I can't say that I'm all that impressed. The Cranberry Wit was even less so. I have yet to sample the DIPA, but will get around to it soon. For those that have had it... what do you think???

#2 MAZ

MAZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

OK, Not OK, OKThe Cranberry "Wit" was totally a throw away, so it's a bit pricey for 4 OK-to-good beers.

#3 Seagis

Seagis

Comptroller of Nothing Being Good Enough

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18673 posts
  • LocationThe city of Townsville

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

I don't like cranberry anything, so I was hard pressed to try the wit with an open mind. I tried. I honestly tried, but I just couldn't appreciate it. My wife liked it more than I did, but she's not much of a drinker, so I couldn't even get her to finish it.The DIPA was why I bought the whole thing to start with. Mmmmm. Very good stuff.The bock, while quite good, tasted just a tad lighter than I had hoped. Overall, though, I found nothing to complain about.

#4 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:40 AM

IMHO for the first time SA released a long shot without a dog in the pack.For those naysayers all I have to say is "Thompson Grape Pale Ale." :)It's OK, sorry for the shock of rememberance. Take a few slow deep breaths, relax, the horror will pass.Sorry I had to bring that up, I hope you recovered. Now to continue:I'm not a big Bock fan. But it was OK. I place that more on me than the beer.The Cranberry I find a great summer beer. Actually I'm hitting that the hardest, oddly enough. I just have a hard time remembering to swirl the beer up, and let it rest for an hour before pouring.Tasty's IPA is good, but I have to think it's a lot better at his house.None of these beers make me do this: :)But they're all good none the less.

#5 Jimvy

Jimvy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

I was extremely disappointed in the DIPA. This was a Pliny clone and while I'm sure the homebrew was good, the SA version was way too malty.....I could barely drink it.

#6 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Tasty's IPA is good, but I have to think it's a lot better at his house.

I agree I'm sure his house brew is much nicer and probably has more pliny characteristics that jimvy pointed out, definitely is on the malty side.Cranberry wit, mehThe bock however, I was impressed with! I thought very complex when it warmed, and it had a DFH quality about it, where if someone switched the labels and put a DFH label on it, I would believe it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Kinda wish they would sell 6ers of each individual beer.

#7 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:54 AM

OK Thirsty,I'll let my next one warm up a bit.thanx

#8 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

To me, that DIPA is very nice. Hop bliss, I'd say. It does have a good malty backbone to support the hops, as a Double IPA should, IMHO.I haven't got to the other two offerings yet. I wanted the second DIPA right away after the first one.

#9 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

I found the Bock to be quite a sipid concoction...pleasantly malty and complex. I'm not a huge Bock drinker, but I enjoyed this one for what it is. As with any Bock, I found myself longing slightly for just a bit more hops.The Cranberry Wit was very pleasant, I must say. A little bit on the girly side, but I think it would hit the spot perfectly on a hot, summer day. I thought the ever so slight tartness from the cranberries was just right to keep the the berriness from being overbearing.I thought all of the offerings were winners, but the DIPA was the gem of the pack.

#10 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

I found the Bock to be quite a sipid concoction...pleasantly malty and complex. I'm not a huge Bock drinker, but I enjoyed this one for what it is. As with any Bock, I found myself longing slightly for just a bit more hops.The Cranberry Wit was very pleasant, I must say. A little bit on the girly side, but I think it would hit the spot perfectly on a hot, summer day. I thought the ever so slight tartness from the cranberries was just right to keep the the berriness from being overbearing.I thought all of the offerings were winners, but the DIPA was the gem of the pack.

When I go pro, I want you writing my reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users