• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 ehines

ehines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Used to read the GB all the time. IMHO OK but has become less robust.Example: No info on the new Perlicks. Just an observation. Will continue to read both. Find myself reading BB more than GB.ehines

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

Used to read the GB all the time. IMHO OK but has become less robust.Example: No info on the new Perlicks. Just an observation. Will continue to read both. Find myself reading BB more than GB.ehines

I feel dirty going over to the GB so I just stick around here :cheers:

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

I still post occasionally there. I consider it GB & BB. Plus I occasionally post on a few others - let the chips fall where they may.

#4 Slainte

Slainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'll post on both sites, but this place has much better topics.

#5 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

I still visit the GB but I do agree that BB is much better and yes the topics are much better. I have been more active here than I ever was on GB. I think BB keeps growing and getting stronger. Keep it up guys/gals.

#6 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

This.BrewBasser

#7 *_Guest_sdeweese_*

*_Guest_sdeweese_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

Yep, BB has the early momentum and a lot of knowledgeable people who may have gone beyond answering the same old questions and have found new juice here. I hate the phrase but, "it's all good" and I still feel comfortable posting in both places, what little I do, and reading both for what they're worth-which is bringing likeminded brewers together. Now, if some of your zymurgical bounty could just find its way over to the Beer Pass 'cross the colored line I would really appreciate it. :cheers:

#8 *_Guest_Matt C_*

*_Guest_Matt C_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:10 PM

seems to be more activity on this board then the other. once that hoopla went down it just dosen't seem the same. just my 2 cents

#9 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

I still remember the slamming door in my face when i knocked. Going to take more time for me.And this place is what i wish for , experience, and Characters .

#10 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

I see much more bad advice over on that board.

#11 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:55 PM

Yep, BB has the early momentum and a lot of knowledgeable people who may have gone beyond answering the same old questions and have found new juice here. I hate the phrase but, "it's all good" and I still feel comfortable posting in both places, what little I do, and reading both for what they're worth-which is bringing likeminded brewers together. Now, if some of your zymurgical bounty could just find its way over to the Beer Pass 'cross the colored line I would really appreciate it. :cheers:

Steve said differently, when you get older, you're a bit slower about burning bridges. Hey, it's about brewing beer. Grudges usually aren't very healthy.

#12 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87570 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

i haven't even visitid that place in the better part of what seems like 2 months or more...

#13 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

I go occassionally... post occassionally... if I feel like I'm in a pissy mood and need to flex my argumentative skills, I go over there. I like ya'll too much to piss you off. But... the quality of the topics IS much better over here and thus spend most of my time over here.

#14 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:28 AM

There are still good people over at the green board, no one can deny that. There is still a ton of knowledge over there, and really, there are many members that are probably completely oblivious to what happened over there. Specifically, those that really focused on the beer forum and kept out of the PH. That said, I still appreciate the green board, but I've been posting here mostly as just a fresh start.

#15 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:45 AM

There are still good people over at the green board, no one can deny that. There is still a ton of knowledge over there, and really, there are many members that are probably completely oblivious to what happened over there. Specifically, those that really focused on the beer forum and kept out of the PH. That said, I still appreciate the green board, but I've been posting here mostly as just a fresh start.

I'm not sure how you could have missed the [mod edit] that went down since the board was down for at least a couple weeks I think. The nail in the coffin for them was when this board opened up to fulfill my brewing related needs.

#16 mach5

mach5

Helibottle Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationColumbia, PA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:12 AM

I think there are people over there that don't know much about what happened behind the scenes...and don't care. All they really know is that when the board came back up for good...there were some changes, and life went on. I do think there is a general idea in the beer forum over there that the PH is a bunch of trouble makers...and that it was cleaned up. This isn't necessarily how I feel about it, but I'm just saying it is a general consensus over there.

#17 LoveThemBrowns

LoveThemBrowns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:37 AM

I still visit the GB, but it's definitely changed. Much less traffic there now. I look at it this way: The GB is like brewing high school, BB is like brewing college and grad school. Much better topics here.

#18 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14742 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

I look at it this way: The GB is like brewing high school, BB is like brewing college and grad school. Much better topics here.

Isn't this board pretty much all the same people that used to be over there?

#19 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14742 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:19 AM

In all seriousness, the topics will probably start to slip a bit once more brewing rookies find this place.

#20 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

In all seriousness, the topics will probably start to slip a bit once more brewing rookies find this place.

That depends on how we help the rookies.BrewBasser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users