#1 awall

awall

Comptroller of Being a Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10394 posts
  • LocationRowley

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Saw a post that the CBC as well as some other local brewers are getting grains from this place. Looks like they give bulk discounts for those of you who go through a lot of grain. Seems like it'd be pretty cool to get a bunch of base malts that are grown and processed right in the area.Valley Malt in Hadley, MA

#2 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63923 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Cool, I'll have to check that out. Dogfish Head was on their list of breweries using the malt.

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

I communicated with them last year before they started shipping, they were going to be pricey. But they did say they were going to look for ways to sell sacks for less, they were talking $90 for 2-row at first not sure where they went with that.

#4 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

I communicated with them last year before they started shipping, they were going to be pricey. But they did say they were going to look for ways to sell sacks for less, they were talking $90 for 2-row at first not sure where they went with that.

:( yeah, when I can get maris otter from across the atlantic for half that price I'm not sure why I'd consider paying that.

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63923 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

:P yeah, when I can get maris otter from across the atlantic for half that price I'm not sure why I'd consider paying that.

But it's locally grown!!! Support local!!!

#6 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

My homebrew store is working with them and had some smoke malt from them that seemed nice. I would like to do an all local beer, maybe this fall with my homegrown hops. Western Mass plambic...

#7 positiveContact

positiveContact

Anti-Brag Queen

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68886 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

they should try supporting me by lowering their prices :P

My homebrew store is working with them and had some smoke malt from them that seemed nice. I would like to do an all local beer, maybe this fall with my homegrown hops. Western Mass plambic...

I wouldn't mind trying them out for specialty grains but when we are talking about base malt that impacts the bottom line too much.

#8 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18036 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

they should try supporting me by lowering their prices :P I wouldn't mind trying them out for specialty grains but when we are talking about base malt that impacts the bottom line too much.

I hear you. For one batch, and depending on the prices I was offered I would think about it. I also spend a lot of money foolishly on stupid things!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users