#1 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

Tonight - Waltzing Matylda Wit...in honor of my new soon to be first born daughter!Sunday - bottling my Schlafly Pale Ale clone :cheers:

#2 strangebrewer

strangebrewer

Frequent Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:11 PM

Planning to finally put together all the ingredients for the Liquid Stupid that I have been hanging onto for WAY to long. It's going to be a merry christmas.

#3 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I am planning to get up pretty early Sunday Morning and brew up a Belgian Tripel. Plan to ferment with the yeast cake from my Beligan IPA from a couple weeks ago. Belgian Ardennes Wyeast 3522.

#4 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Brewing up a "light ale" recipe from my "Ode to my first beer" thread that was on here awhile back.

#5 BarefootBrews

BarefootBrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Saturday - American AmberSunday - American Pale Ale

#6 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Brewing an SNPA Clone on Sunday.

#7 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Going to brew a simple lager on Saturday morn.

#8 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

Ordinary Bitter x 3Dampfbier

#9 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Ordinary Bitter x 3Dampfbier

Well, just had a second keg blow in the last 20 hours. That frees up a fermenter since they're both full. Looks like an Americanized British Mild - sort of a light summer porter - brewed one last year that was tasty even when it was in the 90's outside. Gotta go clean the keg and figure out a grain/hop bill. WL 029 so it won't be close to a British, better make the grains interesting I guess......

#10 Thirsty

Thirsty

Atomic Chef!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2157 posts
  • LocationPhippsburg Maine

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

Tonight - Waltzing Matylda Wit...in honor of my new soon to be first born daughter!Sunday - bottling my Schlafly Pale Ale clone :cheers:

Congrats chadm75!Just finished cleaning up after chilling 13 gallons of american amber. My buddy wants to have a keg ready for his brothers wedding end of june, so this will be a quick one. Came out perfect color for what we were looking for, a Sam Adams look alike, slightly darker little more ruby (used 1/2# melanoidan, 1/2# spec roast) and I designed it with 35 IBU, but he wanted me to back it off, so I left a 1/2 oz cent out of the 60 addition (should be about 26 now) all in all good looking beer!

#11 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Family is coming in this afternoon from Australia so I don't think I can get away with a brew session. This saddens me. I may be able to keg 10 gallons of Cream Ale though since in a couple of weeks we'll have even more family coming in from Australia and they're the thirsty type.

#12 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

Family is coming in this afternoon from Australia so I don't think I can get away with a brew session. .........

Why not? Cheap entertainment & especially since they like beer, and you have some around to serve.

#13 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

Why not? Cheap entertainment & especially since they like beer, and you have some around to serve.

You have me convinced. I'll pitch the idea to the fiancee and see what gets thrown at me :cheers:

#14 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Saturday - American AmberSunday - American Pale Ale

Hey Kev,That APA, would that be the New River Pale Ale Clone? I brewed another one on Memorial Day, damn that one went fast. I'll need to bump up the dry hopping this time and bottle early; the only negative comment from the judges at the USO was that it lacked aroma. They want aroma, I'll give their ass aroma! Phil

#15 LiverDance

LiverDance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHalfiax, Nova Scotia

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

Friday - SMaSH IPA (Munich & Simcoe)Saturday - Jamil Smoked Porter & Denny Conn Rye IPAHappy Brewin'LD

#16 earthtone

earthtone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

Friday - SMaSH IPA (Munich & Simcoe)Saturday - Jamil Smoked Porter & Denny Conn Rye IPAHappy Brewin'LD

you're a maniac.... your monthly total is going to skyrocket when you get in to garrison..I think I am making a variation on the amarillo wheat you had on tap brian. If I get this germinated red rice malted tomorrow I'll maybe take a stab at a gluten free... FYI toasted malted buckwheat = delicious.

#17 Kunsan90

Kunsan90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPurgatory ...

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

you're a maniac.... your monthly total is going to skyrocket when you get in to garrison..I think I am making a variation on the amarillo wheat you had on tap brian. If I get this germinated red rice malted tomorrow I'll maybe take a stab at a gluten free... FYI toasted malted buckwheat = delicious.

"toasted malted buckwheat"Sounds VERY interesting and really good. Excuse my ignorance ET and kindly explain!Phil

#18 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

IM thinking of doing Dennys Rye IPA, but not sure yet. Supposed to be pretty hot this weekend.

#19 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Knocked out a Belgian Pale yesterday. Thought I might do a Helles or something Bavarian this w/e but I'm feeling quite lazy. We'll see....

#20 TonyBrown

TonyBrown

Comptroller of C-Blocking and Wet Streak Marks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87570 posts
  • LocationRedneckistan

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

i'm brewing thrusdays night.... lone star lager clone out of clone brews... need a lawnmower beer handy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users