#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

My future son-in-law told me last week my brown ale tasted exactly like bell's best brown,today he tells me my two-hearted IPA takes just like bells two-hearted he had at the bar the other day.My work here is done. :stabby:

#2 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54313 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

Nicely done. Time to open your own brewery... Ball's. :stabby:

#3 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

I am sure your beers rock but if complimenting my father in-law's beers got me in his good graces I'd deffinitely do it :stabby:

#4 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

My future son-in-law told me last week my brown ale tasted exactly like bell's best brown,today he tells me my two-hearted IPA takes just like bells two-hearted he had at the bar the other day.My work here is done. :stabby:

Smart boy he is. :D

#5 DaBearSox

DaBearSox

Comptroller of Some Stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

I get so many people asking me for Bell's beer...I have to tell them "trust me, if i could bring it in I would." I lived in Kalamazoo for a time and Oberon/Two Hearted (along with SNPA) we're the beers that educated me that beer actually can have taste. They are distributing in Arizona now so I have hope...Colorado is such a hard market to start in but a brewery like Bell's I believe would be just fine...

#6 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10753 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

Congrats... I think I can top that. My son-in-law likes my beers so much he actually started to brew himself. His first batch was ready to drink last night.

#7 Howie

Howie

Feltersnatch

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14765 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

His first batch was ready to drink last night.

How was it?

#8 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64149 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:58 AM

Your work isn't done until you send me some and I give you the stamp of approval. So, get crackin'!!!

#9 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64149 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

I get so many people asking me for Bell's beer...I have to tell them "trust me, if i could bring it in I would." I lived in Kalamazoo for a time and Oberon/Two Hearted (along with SNPA) we're the beers that educated me that beer actually can have taste. They are distributing in Arizona now so I have hope...Colorado is such a hard market to start in but a brewery like Bell's I believe would be just fine...

My guess is you'll be getting Bell's pretty soon.ArticleTheir planning to increase capacity 5-fold in the next 5 years and it looks like a big chunk of that will be happening this year. I think we'll all be getting Bell's pretty soon.

#10 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

I lived in Kalamazoo for a time and Oberon/Two Hearted (along with SNPA) we're the beers that educated me that beer actually can have taste.

:cheers: I can remember first getting into craft beer before I was 21. I had some Oberon right after Bells dropped the Chicago market and I thought it was a great beer. Now...It's just not the same. I really think they changed the recipe after coming back to Chicago. That, and Bells is pretty expensive. Most of the Bells at my liquor store is $10 for a sixer. I can get a lot of other great beers for $7 or $8 a sixpack. Honestly, Bells makes some pretty good beers, but I haven't bought from them since batch 8000.

#11 OhioMurb

OhioMurb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

NICE! Gotta love that

#12 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10753 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

How was it?

He lives 4 hours away and I won't get to taste one until March :cheers:.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users