#1 robsauce

robsauce

Comptroller of Teh Great Northern Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

I'm transferring my braggot tonight - it will be the 4th racking. All I have are 6 gallon carboys and I need something to fill the headspace once I rack into a new carboy as I figure I'll be left with about 5 gallons of delicious beverage. I believe the braggot is sitting around 1.010 right now so would it make sense to add a honey/water solution of similar gravity? My plan is to boil 16 cups of water and add about 0.4lbs of honey which according to hightests honey spreadsheet should give me a SG of 1.014Good idea?

#2 robsauce

robsauce

Comptroller of Teh Great Northern Wasteland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Thanks Guest, but you were a tad too late - I had already done it. As far as your suggestion goes, I don't got marbles or CO2 <_<I ended up going with 1lb of honey in 16cups - which should have resulted in a honey water with a SG of 1.033. After tasting the braggot I figured some extra sweetness might not hurt as even though the SG was actually 1.016ish, it tasted very very dry. Worst case scenario, there is some yeast left and it ferments it...or I end up with a slightly sweeter braggot. win win I figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users