#1 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

The girlfriend and I made another batch yesterday. We just used the basic recipe from Hightests faq for a smaller 3 gallon batch and plan to secondary it on some blueberries. Gravity came in a little under but hit at 1.090 so we should be ok anyway. Our Falls Bounty has been in secondary for a few weeks now and I'm amazed at how much it's cleared up already. Going to transfer it again next week. Cant wait until it's aged a while and drinkable.... :frank:

#2 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

1.090 is respectable. Also, the blueberries will up the gravity too.I love mead! :frank:

We really enjoy it too. We went to the store the other night to get a six pack of beer and wound up getting 2 bottles of mead, a cyser and a blueberry mead from a winery in Wisconsin (I think). So smooth and easy to drink. The name of the Winery is White Winter if you're interested. We really liked it.

#3 armagh

armagh

Grumpy Frost Giant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6705 posts
  • LocationBandit Country

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

The girlfriend and I made another batch yesterday. We just used the basic recipe from Hightests faq for a smaller 3 gallon batch and plan to secondary it on some blueberries. Gravity came in a little under but hit at 1.090 so we should be ok anyway. Our Falls Bounty has been in secondary for a few weeks now and I'm amazed at how much it's cleared up already. Going to transfer it again next week. Cant wait until it's aged a while and drinkable.... :frank:

The blueberries will add fermentable sugar but there is a collateral (and largely unquantifiable) dillution factor from the water in the fruit. A few years ago on the green board there was an extended discussion on this issue.

Edited by armagh, 04 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#4 Brian72

Brian72

Peter Freer

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42109 posts
  • LocationYour mom

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Took a gravity reading today just for the heck of it and I'm already at half sugar on this one after 4 days. Of course I tasted the sample it it was delicious!!! :devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users