#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

It was one of my usual D. Alts but decided to break out of my boring streak. I only used a little less than 5% malted rye. I think this one will have to be a repeat. I thought this might be a nice one to sneak in at our club comp in February. No sneaking even with that little bit of rye. But I like it. Another Cat 23....

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

It was one of my usual D. Alts but decided to break out of my boring streak. I only used a little less than 5% malted rye. I think this one will have to be a repeat. I thought this might be a nice one to sneak in at our club comp in February. No sneaking even with that little bit of rye. But I like it. Another Cat 23....

wow - 5% rye makes that big of a diff? I have two beers with rye in them that I haven't had yet (denny's RIPA and a roggenbier with 50% rye). Can't wait to try them! :devil:

#3 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

wow - 5% rye makes that big of a diff? I have two beers with rye in them that I haven't had yet (denny's RIPA and a roggenbier with 50% rye). Can't wait to try them! Posted Image

I was surprised/shocked actually. I've done a lot of RyePA,s but not Denny's..... yet. And a few Am Ryes lately. I'm wondering if the American hops make a difference in those beers and mute the rye a bit. My typical Alts are about 65/35 Pils/Munich with some Melanoidin/Aromatic and a few others, usually no Crystal but sometimes.. Depends on the day but that could make a difference too. The Rye Alt was Magnum and Spalt, FWH and 60 min additions. I thought maybe I threw some Tett in that spiced it a bit, but no. I routinely put 25 - 30% rye in my Am Ryes and RyePAs - sometimes a lot more. I know what to expect in those.Anyway, it was an unexpected contribution considering how little I added. I am not disappointed though. Having another as I post Posted Image

#4 Iraq Lobstah

Iraq Lobstah

Comptroller of King Richard V

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43219 posts
  • LocationCamarillo, CA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:28 PM

needs more rye..... Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image just saying yo....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users