#1 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

I know that there aren't many around, but if you live near a Bass Pro Shop and need a burner stand, they have one on sale for $29.99. It's the Bass Pro Fish Fryer. So now I've got a shallow fish frying pan that I probably won't use, but I've got my second burner for my Hot Liquor Tank. This is critical for my setup because I had been using my heat stick to heat the sparge water. While it is more efficient, it has a hard time getting the temps up to 170. Plus, I use my pump and a float switch so I can walk away... and you don't want to walk away from a shallow HLT with an element turned on in it... which means I have to unplug it at a certain point. Now I can have the boil kettle (converted keg) on it's stand and the HLT on another with no problems. When I'm done sparging, just switch the propane tank from the HLT over to the boil kettle.I had been wanting a second stand, but was just waiting for a good price. Thought you all might like to know.

#2 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

BPS is where I got my propane burner...I think it was in the $30's. Great deal! I just heat my strike and sparge water on the stove. Which is kinda of pain because my brewery is in the basement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users