#1 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

I am really excited for tomorrow. A lady that works for my wife has a son who is really into quality and craft beer and is coming over tomorrow to check out my setup for brewing and talk about getting started in homebrewing and getting some equipment. He is only 21 but its really cool to see someone that age appreciate good beer and ready to jump into homebrewing. I love teaching others about this amazing and wonderful hobby/obession and tomorrow will be no different. I also got the chance to assist a friend today over in Charlotte with some written advice on some good starter equipment sets and ideas as he wants to get started in homebrewing too. Its really cool as I am getting ready to take myself and this hobby/obsession to the next level its going to be sweet to hook in some new excited fresh recruits too. Nothing like returning back to the beginning as I advance myself further up the brewing ladder too. I was talking to my friend's mom today that is coming over tomorrow and she told me he figures $200-$400 should get him started in equipment and ingredients too. All I could do is smile and say oh its just the beginning. Wish me luck all I plan to give a shout out to you all here at BB and get him asking questions and learning more from all you rocking brewers on this sweet forum!!Keep it bubbling good!!Mike

#2 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Awesome. I love stuff like that.I always (well I did when I still brewed) digged it when neighbors came over when I was brewing and I could chat them up.MolBasser

#3 johnpreuss

johnpreuss

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • LocationWay Up North Minnesota

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

awesome... If I could do it all over I'd start AG... Keggle, Icecube cooler, and turkey frier w/pot and batch sparge. Keep it simple and have lots of control.

#4 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

That's Great! I started w/mr.beer kits.It's all about what can be afforded.Let us know how it goes-good luck.

#5 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:24 PM

Sounds great. I actually started brewing a month after I turned 21, and I hadn't even had much beer at that point. I have always liked building things, using my own hands in the process of something. I am glad I liked the beer, otherwise I would not be where I am at.I did start extract, and I think that is a good place to start for most people, as it is easier to transition into the hobby and make decent beer. As long as sanitation is good, extract should be decent, and that was what I learned first before I started adding complexity to the brewing process.

#6 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

So far I've got 2 people into it. One is still doing extract but the other I got started with AG as well.Yet a 3rd person used to brew extract a long time ago and I got him going again with AG (his wife can thank me later :covreyes: ).I've got another guy who I showed some brewing and pointed him in the direction of some equipment so I'm waiting to see if he follows through.And then a girl from my work came over with her BF and I think I may get them (or at least her) into this as well.I'm doing my best here! I like to think my HB wins them over :)

#7 Rick

Rick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

I've gotta a couple started myself including the infamous HerrHiller. I started when I was 20 when I requested a starter extract brew kit for my birthday. I have my little bro interested, starting him out all grain also. I'm with johnpreuss, I will always introduce noobs to brewing going all grain and help them along for the first few batches and get them a copy of 'How to Brew.'My bro and I are gonna brew a RIS and Am. Stout partigyle for his bday/teach someone to homebrew!Good luck to you Mike and everyone else teaching a noob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users