#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Why is this even an option? It's bleeding over to the brewing forum too. Sorry to mention the brewing forum but there is one. JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT.This has to be the most middle school girl things I've ever seen on a mostly male, supposed brewing forum. Does it really matter if I'm a Dem or Rep? AG or Extract. Bi or ######. Gas or Charcoal. Boxer or Briefs.

#2 MolBasser

MolBasser

Comptrolled by Seahawks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15351 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

It serves a humorous purpose in the PH, but if it is being abused in the brewing forum it should be discontinued there.MolBasser

#3 humdum

humdum

Comptroller of Chili and Other Fine Bean-Free Foods

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9056 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

Why is this even an option? It's bleeding over to the brewing forum too. Sorry to mention the brewing forum but there is one. JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT.This has to be the most middle school girl things I've ever seen on a mostly male, supposed brewing forum. Does it really matter if I'm a Dem or Rep? AG or Extract. Bi or Tranny. Gas or Charcoal. Boxer or Briefs.

You're a Tranny? +1 ;)Actually, I agree with you.

#4 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

Actually, just trying to establish an O/U for my rating tomorrow.. Posted Image Oh, and had to -1 you guys just on principal. Didn't know how easy it was to do that.............Posted Image

#5 Tim the Enchanter

Tim the Enchanter

He Who Loves Pubic Flounces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts
  • LocationClimbin' in your windows, snatchin your people up.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

Actually, just trying to establish an O/U for my rating tomorrow.. Posted Image Oh, and had to -1 you guys just on principal. Didn't know how easy it was to do that.............Posted Image

I evened out your -1s. Until I ran out. ;)

#6 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

I also don't like the negative 1's because for instance if i wrote advice to a newbie in the brewing forum, they might see my rep and be like "whoa not taking advice from him" and not get that it's just because a lot of people disagree with me in the PH, and has nothing to do with my brewing knowledge.

#7 chauvan

chauvan

Comptroller of Jewish Scuba Divers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

my brewing knowledge.

;) :P :cheers:

#8 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

;) :P :cheers:

lol I'm no Jon Palmer, but I like to think I have a pretty decent knowledge.

#9 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31574 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

I also don't like the negative 1's because for instance if i wrote advice to a newbie in the brewing forum, they might see my rep and be like "whoa not taking advice from him" and not get that it's just because a lot of people disagree with me in the PH, and has nothing to do with my brewing knowledge.

Meh, advice is something that people can take or leave. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The same can go for someone that has a big + rating. They could have a big + rating, yet tell someone that it is ok to put a dirty diaper in their fermenter, or that you don't need to chill your wort, just toss the yeast in to 190 degree wort.

#10 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

If this has to do with the -1 I handed out in Hillers thread yesterday, it had more to do with bringing PH Asshattery into Hillers thread about cellaring. Hiller left the PH to get away from comments about his life. It has no place in the Brewing Forum. The -1's I handed out, I felt, were warranted.

#11 EWW

EWW

Regular, normal human being

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26227 posts
  • LocationSomewhere special

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:52 PM

If this has to do with the -1 I handed out in Hillers thread yesterday, it had more to do with bringing PH Asshattery into Hillers thread about cellaring. Hiller left the PH to get away from comments about his life. It has no place in the Brewing Forum. The -1's I handed out, I felt, were warranted.

See, I don't see my post as -1 worthy. I could have gone a whole hell of a lot of directions that would have constituted an asshat post, but that's rarely my nature. Honest opinion/advice is all it is. It was not mean spirited or full of hate. It was a comment. Are we not supposed to post anything that has to do with life outside of homebrewing in the brewing forum if it directly relates to someone's question in the brewing forum?I do appreciate you saying it was you and why though.

#12 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

I just evened out this -1: My linkdude was just joking and nothing mean spirited and he did tie it into something that was on topic.

#13 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64246 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

I just gave you all -1,000...in my mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users