#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

I got a txt from this guy who used to be my boss at my old job, and he asked me of i wanted a few carboys (he used to bew) he said i can have them for free. I didnt wanna come off as ungreatful, so I didn't ask how many. I assume a few means somewjhere between 3-5 though. and hell the 6gal ones sell at my LHBS for like 45 bucks each. so this is quite a score IMO!!:smilielol: :) :smilielol: :sarcasm: :cheers: :facepalm:

#2 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:02 AM

Sounds Great!would check them out for deep scratches etc,,,NOT until you get home though. :)

#3 stlinch

stlinch

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:32 AM

Nice score. :)

#4 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

Sweet score. :)

#5 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

ended up being 3 glass 5 gallon carboys. 2 of them even had carboy handles bolted on them. and he said the 2 with the handles never got used. he said he bought them,and then just hasn't brewed since. definitely a score!!Posted Image

#6 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

ended up being 3 glass 5 gallon carboys. 2 of them even had carboy handles bolted on them. and he said the 2 with the handles never got used. he said he bought them,and then just hasn't brewed since. definitely a score!!Posted Image

Nice score though I find the handles next to useless, at least with a full carboy. Can't go wrong with free carboys though. :wub:

#7 RommelMagic

RommelMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationHighland Falls, NY

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

ended up being 3 glass 5 gallon carboys. 2 of them even had carboy handles bolted on them. and he said the 2 with the handles never got used. he said he bought them,and then just hasn't brewed since. definitely a score!!

Nice score though I find the handles next to useless, at least with a full carboy. Can't go wrong with free carboys though. :devil:

I concur. Do not use those handles with full carboys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users