#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

Set up for a Pale Ale tomorrow. Maris Otter with a little Carastan, and a touch Special B & Carafa III. Couldn't bring myself to brew an ESB. Wyeast 1007, with Centennials FWH, Cents and Magnum at 30, more Cents at 10 and 0. I have hopes for this one........... 1.053 and 55 IBUs more or less..........

#2 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

Brewing 10 gallons of American Pale Ale tomorrow. Saturday I am partcipating in a festival here pouring my Tripel, American Pale Ale, Belgian IPA and Oktoberfest. This should be an awesome weekend. Cheers!!

#3 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Planning on brewing my holiday ale this weekend, it will be a dark ale with a boil down of the first runnings for more complex caramel flavors then fermented with a Belgian yeast.

Edited by cavman, 21 October 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#4 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Ten gallons of a hybrid ale that will have a base of golden promise, some amber and brown toasted malts and Alt yeast. Not sure what I am going to do about hops yet but have plenty of options, hoping to brew this up Friday if I get the time.

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

Planning on brewing my holiday ale this weekend, it will be a dark ale with a boil down of the first runnings for more complex caramel flavors then fermented with a Belgian yeast.

I did a boil down on my scottish 80/- this year. keg just kicked. at first it was a little much but with some time it smoothed out and was very nice. it was often described as slightly maple syrup like by people who tried it. I think this will go nicely with a belgian yeast.denny's rye IPA this weekend for me. as close to the book as I can get it!

#6 dmtaylor

dmtaylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationTwo Rivers, WI

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

Today I'll be making Denny's Waldo Lake Amber Ale for the upcoming Manty Malter's Waldo Lake Amber Clone War competition in December -- only 6 weeks away, so I'd better get moving! See link for details. I have made nearly every BJCP style there is, but have not made an American amber ale since batch #2 in 1999, which turned out pretty crappy, but I am an infinitely better brewer now, so this should be a really good experience.I've also been on a French/Belgian/wild ale kick lately. Recently bottled a biere de garde that turned out fantastic, and the saison is fully conditioned and ready to bottle. I'm considering purposely throwing some Lacto bacteria into a few bottles of the saison, just to see what happens (maybe it won't work, but that's okay). And next up after the amber ale will be a koyt-style gruit ale with sweet gale, mugwort, yarrow, cardamom, and cloves. Yummy yum yum, I just can't wait to make that, it sounds so unique! It's my own recipe, but is based on the Dutch Jopen Koyt recipe from 1407, which I have never tasted but is supposedly awesome, so I can just imagine how close mine will be and how good it could taste, if I do it right. :Crossing fingers:

#7 chadm75

chadm75

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1029 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:27 PM

I'm brewing for the first time in over two months tonight! Getting back to business with my Dale's Pale Ale clone...Pale, C40, C20, and Munich...Northern Brewer @ 60, Cascades @ 25, Columbus @ 10, and Centennial at F/O. 1.063 and 66 IBU's.It's good to be back!

#8 MakeMeHoppy

MakeMeHoppy

Redundancy Comptroller of Redundancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10742 posts
  • LocationSlower Lower Delaware

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

Finally back to brewing. I have a Brooklyn Brown clone 30 minutes into the boil.

#9 beach

beach

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

5 gallons of my robust porter on Saturday. Still tweeking this one so until I get it right it's 5 gallon batches. This is the beer I'm adding beer gas to my keezer for. Really looking forward to having this one on a nitro pour, if it's as good in my mouth as my brain imagines I may have to change my pants Posted Image Beach

#10 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Brewed a stout today and looking forward to brewing an APA tomorrow. Planning to keg my brown porter tonight.

#11 cavman

cavman

Comptroller of BigPossMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12937 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Had a slight change in my plans no Holiday Ale yet, instead I'm brewing a Pumpkin Ale right now. Also kegged my 100% Munich Alt and racked my Session IPA to secondary.

#12 Humperdink

Humperdink

Cose

• In Memorium
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15798 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Brewed at a buddy's house FridayTen gallons of 1.060 IPATen gallons of 1.099 Brown shugga cloneTen gallons of a brownish ale partigyled from the shugga second runnings.Long day but great. Was thoroughly lubricated by the time we were done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users