#1 Marmot

Marmot

Advanced "Member"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4565 posts
  • LocationI am definitely not Weeper

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Blackfoot BreweryHelena, MTI was only at Blackfoot Brew Pub for 45 minutes so I didn't get to “take it all in”. It was just enough time for two 12 oz beers. Montana has odd brewpub laws. They are allowed to serve each patron only 48 oz of their micros per day. The establishments give you a stub with your name and the brew(s) you had. There is only enough room to notate four beers. Once the stub is full, you are theoretically done for the day. I am sure there are many ways around this, but the brewpubs seemed to follow the law the best they could. On the other hand, you can have umpteen growlers filled under Montana state law. I am assuming it has to do with brewpub micros having a higher alcohol content than the typical BMC beers with respect to drinking on premise. I didn't get a chance to imbibe in spirits so I don't know if they have a daily consumption limit too. They also must close their brewpub doors at 8PM. I am not sure when they are allowed to open, but 2PM seems to stick for some reason. Do you think the Montana legislatures are in bed with the BMC beer lobbyists? I believe Blackfoot Brewery brews heavily in the IPA category. I had their signature IPA. It had good balance and certainly wasn't over the top with the IBUs. I followed that with a Scottish Ale. It seemed to be quite bold in flavors compared to other Scottish Ales I have consumed. I would definitely order both again and try the rest of their offerings. A 12 oz beer was $3.75 or there abouts. My two beers totaled $7.50. I am not sure on a growler fill price.The brew pub had a modern atmosphere with an upper and lower level. The upper level even had an open air patio. It had the typical crowd of 20-somethings with a few middle aged folk. There were a few bikes out front as that seems to be a viable mode of transportation for the area.I am not sure if there was bar grub available.If you are in Helena, it is worth the stop. It is in the downtown area which has had a lot of renovations in recent years and very friendly for walking (and biking and driving). There is a bakery just up the street with some fabulous breads. I bought the 8-grain loaf and devoured it in a couple days time.Marmot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users