#1 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

1. Of the two Black IPAs I tried, both had the aroma of soy sauce. This was very odd and wanted to see if any one else has picked up this aroma?2. The LHBS in the area was out there serving hb and I am sorry to say it was a disservice to homebrewers. Both beers we tried were simply unpalatable, fermented too warm, dirty jockeybox lines, a sip of each made me want to gag. I wonder how many people were turned off of homebrew because of the examples there.3. Loose Canon IPA by Heavy Seas is one of the best 7% East Coast IPAs I have ever tried. 4. Can people taste beer after they smoke? There were lots of smokers there I just couldn't fathom that they could actually taste beer after a cigarette.5. One of the fun things we did was seek out all the Octoberfest examples and try them out. Gordon Beirsch makes two very descent O'fests.7. Pumpkin, Punkin, PumpKing beers are not my thing, no matter what you call them. 8. Homebrewers will overhear some really dumb things being said about beer by people at these events.

#2 jimdkc

jimdkc

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5019 posts
  • LocationIndependence, MO

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

2. That's a real shame!4. As an ex-smoker I can say that they think they can... but I think they really don't know what they're missing!5. That sounds fun. I tried a Gordon Beirsch Oktoberfest several years ago, and it was very good.6 ???7. I tend to agree!8. So true!Jim

#3 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

2. The LHBS in the area was out there serving hb and I am sorry to say it was a disservice to homebrewers. Both beers we tried were simply unpalatable, fermented too warm, dirty jockeybox lines, a sip of each made me want to gag. I wonder how many people were turned off of homebrew because of the examples there.3. Loose Canon IPA by Heavy Seas is one of the best 7% East Coast IPAs I have ever tried. 7. Pumpkin, Punkin, PumpKing beers are not my thing, no matter what you call them.

2. They don't even let the LHBS serve at fests here.3. What's an East Coast IPA?7. Agree, but I still want to try brewing one.

#4 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

3. What's an East Coast IPA?

Not trying to answer for the poster but I think by east coast IPA he is meaning since Heavy Seas is from Baltimore MD thats on the east coast and he is saying its one of the best IPA's on the east coast. Not a reference like West Coast IPA-heavy on the hops.

#5 passlaku

passlaku

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFlorence Alabama

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

Yup. Just commenting that Heavy Seas is on the east coast, and are currently making a very fine IPA. If you can buy it give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users