#1 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I found what appears to be a good deal on cornie kegs here: https://www.chicompa...0c1343b86cbe961I don't know about shipping or this company, but its just something I stumbled across while searching for equipment for MBC.

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

I found what appears to be a good deal on cornie kegs here: https://www.chicompa...0c1343b86cbe961I don't know about shipping or this company, but its just something I stumbled across while searching for equipment for MBC.

Not too bad - but not that impressive either.

#3 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

Not too bad - but not that impressive either.

seems pretty reasonable, like you said, not spectacular, but better than the $50 they are getting local.

#4 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:56 AM

Has anybody purchased from here before? I need to get more kegs for this summer.

#5 Cliff Claven

Cliff Claven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

I tracked Matt down the other years. He has load of the old style race track lids. I needed some to replace some plastic ones.A few others said the purchased kegs after I posted his site. He had good shipping times and they received good quality kegs.It is my understanding that CHI Co purchased ALL the soda kegs on the West Coast and then some.

#6 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Ive bought from the Chi company twice now. Both times i bought a bundle of 4 kegs from them. They arrived in good shape. Two of the eight kegs had some very minor damage to the QD posts and i eventually replaced the damaged post. They include a spare set of gaskets for them. Make sure you clean well and sanitize and above all change the gaskets.

#7 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

Has anybody purchased from here before? I need to get more kegs for this summer.

I purchased a 4 pack a while back and all kegs showed up holding pressure and in good shape.

#8 denny

denny

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9092 posts
  • LocationEugene OR

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

I've been ordering from them for years. Good product, good service.

#9 commander flatus

commander flatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

agree. ordered a 4 pack and they're decent. not very clean, but that's what i expected. also not laden with gooopy syrup b/c they clean the inside.fair deal, good price.

#10 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

wow. i havent ordered from them in a at least 3 months. I was curious and checked the price today. Wow..... a bundle of 4 for 94 bucks??? are you kidding me??? theyve been 72 dollars for the last year or so........ And so it begins....... ;)

#11 stlinch

stlinch

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:40 AM

I have some one handle kegs. They work just as well as the other but you can't stack them.Todd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users