Photo
- - - - -

pics of the kettles after most of cleaning.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

Comptroller of HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

The outside of them looks immaculate, especially if you would saw them before. I sanded and cleaned them well. The inside was what I was concerned about. Now that I have seem them in the light they are not as bad as I thought they were the other night. I still wanna get the rest of that brown out though if I can. Take the brown in the second pic, darken it twice as dark, and put it on every possible spot of the inside of the kegs, and that's pretty much what they looked like before my first clean attempt. should I not worry about what's in there now? or just scrub it hardcore with BKF? or another PBW? what are your opinions?? I'm pretty anal.. I want it all shiny.. but I also realize that may not happen.

#3 CaptRon

CaptRon

Comptroller of jokes about violence against women

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31546 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

Damn, WTF have those kegs been through? lolI'd try and see what Oxy does on it at a pretty high strength before killing yourself with BKF. Then, BKF. :)

#4 HerrHiller

HerrHiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2936 posts
  • Locationcanton,ohio

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Damn, WTF have those kegs been through? lolI'd try and see what Oxy does on it at a pretty high strength before killing yourself with BKF. Then, BKF. :)

if your referring to the outside.. those arent dents those are lines because of my inexperience with powersanding/polishing. looks like that when the flash of the camera hits it. if you are referring to all the debri on the inside? i have no freaking clue. I think it had some old beer sitting in them for a long time. it smelled pretty rancid. I almost got these kegs for 15 dollars a piece, until his boss found out about it. his boss made him sell all 3 together for 100. still not a bad deal. I also wonder if those brown marks are burn marks from when my welder friend converted them. I am not sure, because i didnt watch him, I dropped them off.. gave him instructions, and picked them up.

#5 siouxbrewer

siouxbrewer

Comptroller of Teh Beefs and other beeflike animals that are tas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8256 posts
  • LocationGreat Plains, KS

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

I was hoping for bigger pictures :)

#6 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Clean up your top opening cut. You'll just cuss everytime you cut yourself - and you will. I've seen a few of those and a little extra time will get them as smooth as your kid's bottom. Then get after it with a scrubby and BFK. Done and having fun brewing........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users