#21 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

do you use cider or apple juice for cyser?

Cider. I only use the highest quality stuff I can find for cider, since it's so "naked" in the final product. I use the same stuff for cyser, but I'm guessing it doesn't matter as much, since there are so many other flavors involved. What I do know is that I use cider and it turns out awesome, so I don't plan to change. :cheers:

#22 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Cider. I only use the highest quality stuff I can find for cider, since it's so "naked" in the final product. I use the same stuff for cyser, but I'm guessing it doesn't matter as much, since there are so many other flavors involved. What I do know is that I use cider and it turns out awesome, so I don't plan to change. :cheers:

when you make cyser do you pitch yeast or do you let it "go wild" like you would in a hard cider.

#23 ScottS

ScottS

Lord and Master

• King of the Chickens
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17487 posts
  • LocationMy lawn

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

when you make cyser do you pitch yeast or do you let it "go wild" like you would in a hard cider.

I pitch yeast. With cider, there's not all that much sugar, and you let it ferment dry. I don't know the alcohol tolerance of that wild yeast, so it's a crapshoot as to where it's going to end up once I start adding honey.

#24 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13039 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

I like adding golden raisins to ciders myself.

How many pounds per 5 gls? What does it add to the final product that you like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users