- - - - -

The bar is finished

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

'Particle board' and all....I'm holding off on bar stools until I find the perfect ones.My camera won't span enough to do it justice. What a great place to go if you want a temporary escape from the World. It's 336 sq ft of heaven with a loft.Posted Image

#2 Given2fly

Given2fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

Cool dude, congrats :covreyes:

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:59 AM

Niiiice. I generally don't like exposed particle board, but it seems to work in your set up. I still think you might be able to improve it down the road with some nice covering, but I'd take my time to find the perfect cover for it.

#4 ColdAssHonky

ColdAssHonky

Comptroller of Fashion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

I have envy. Good work! :covreyes:

#5 pods8

pods8

Grand Duke of Near Misses

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28533 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

Is this out in the brew shed?

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

Sweet setup. Looks really good to me. Hope you enjoy many pints in your hideaway. Good Work!!

#7 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9736 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

What are you talking about? That is oriented strand board (OSB), and everyone knows that OSB is way classier than particle board! hahaIt looks great and like a fun place to hang out. Be proud.

#8 jammer

jammer

Atomic Chef Runner-Up

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3484 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Very nice! Great work!!

#9 stellarbrew

stellarbrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationAcworth, GA

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

Nice! If I had a place like that, I know I'd spend way too much time there.

#10 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

Is this out in the brew shed?

No, this is another building located SW of the brew shed. I go there every nite to get my 'cosmic balance'.Thanks everyone! I sure like it...Take a roadtrip and come see us sometime.

#11 43hertz

43hertz

Gold Star Recipient

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8660 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

Can you tell me about the radio in the left side of the picture?edit: or is it a humidor?edit: I'm betting radio with turntable inside as I think I see 78's below.

Edited by 43hertz, 14 May 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#12 buzhazzard

buzhazzard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Nicely done.

#13 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

Can you tell me about the radio in the left side of the picture?edit: or is it a humidor?edit: I'm betting radio with turntable inside as I think I see 78's below.

You're mostly correct. It's a modern version of the old phonographs. By modern, I mean it has AM/FM, tape and CD player along with a record player. I have a ton of great old records. It's a gift from my wife 3 years ago not knowing it would take me that long to build the bar.

#14 Dave

Dave

Grammaraticus of Titty Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32475 posts
  • LocationLugnar Island

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Looks great hophead...nicely done! ;)

#15 Yeasty Boy

Yeasty Boy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationFt Collins

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Nice work. I've got just about everything I need to start my build.Going to set up a fridge with six taps on the side, a beer engine, L-shape bar 8'x3', small sink under, mug/stemware storage above, sundry drawers, that's about it. Maybe a pub table as well. Darts amd a t.v., trying to decide if I can work out a 7' pool table in there as well.Best thing about it: right next to the utility room. "Honey, I'll be downstairs doing some laundry...." And yes, there's a potty.

#16 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

Choice! I need to build a bar in my house, or out in the shed. I could invite over all the Southern Baptists! LOL

Watch it! A dance could break out!

#17 TheOtherNate

TheOtherNate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHaymarket, VA

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

I go there every nite to get my 'cosmic balance'.

So, are you gonna post the recipe of this 'cosmic balance'? ;)Seriously, the finish on the bar looks smooove. I wouldn't change a thing.Is that fridge in the back left that has the same finish on it?Nate

#18 Michael

Michael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

Love it. I need to really get mine going. Need to finish this damn bathroom first.

#19 *_Guest_hophead_*

*_Guest_hophead_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:17 AM

So, are you gonna post the recipe of this 'cosmic balance'? ;)Seriously, the finish on the bar looks smooove. I wouldn't change a thing.Is that fridge in the back left that has the same finish on it?Nate

The 'cosmic balance' is Shot Rod Rye & ESB (extra special bitch)...the 3rd tap is not is use yet.The most important thing I learned from building the 'Redshed' and the bar is utilization of space. I thought about making the bar wider but settled on 6' by 20"...It's perfect for me once I got the trim on it. I suppose a wider bar would have been ok but it seemed a bit gaudy and waste of space for my needs. As you can see, we do have a bar sink & faucet and a hot water heater to the left of the kegerator. The bathroom is further to the left... Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users