#1 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

I'm passing on the pumpkins and fests, for now...... Warming up for my Christmas Stout after work tomorrow. The annual Christmas is with 1084, coffee, chocolate and vanilla. But this one is...12.5 gal post boil after work tomorrow18# Maris Otter1# C 401# C 1201# Roasted Wheat1# Roasted Barley1# Aromatic1# Flaked OatsMash at 148dfMagnums at 60 and Mount Hood late for 1.058 OG and 52 IBUs, 1272 yeast.I'll probably brew again after work on Friday. Labor Day weekend put a serious dent in the supply. Worth it though. Had all the kids home, including two newlyweds couples - have a few new in-laws that like homebrew. Drewseslu was in attendance.............Sadly, I won't be able to brew next week. GABFPosted Image I can deal with it.

#2 jayb151

jayb151

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts
  • LocationBatavia

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

I approve of everything! :P :covreyes: :covreyes:

#3 drewseslu

drewseslu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Sticke rules! (The American Rye, American Brown and Black Oatmeal Pale Ale were none too shabby, either!) Seems like a low mash temp to me... :P

#4 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Sticke rules! (The American Rye, American Brown and Black Oatmeal Pale Ale were none too shabby, either!) Seems like a low mash temp to me... Posted Image

2# crystal plus the aromatic - that's my thinking. Plus the MO should give it a nice malty base. Kind of shooting for a semi dry Merkin Stout. Posted Image Glad you liked the others. The American Rye is historyPosted Image .... But history does repeat itself. Posted Image

#5 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Should be making a Citra Pale Ale in the morning,my first brew this month.First time using these hops also. :blush:

#6 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

Should be making a Citra Pale Ale in the morning,my first brew this month.First time using these hops also. :blush:

You won't be disappointed. Use plenty of them for flavor and aroma and you will have an outstanding beer. Citras are great and I have brewed a good many Pale ales with them so far too. Enjoy!!

#7 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48010 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

Hoping to fire off an Irish Red this weekend, and possibly throw in a late Berlinner if I have the time.

#8 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

First time making this mistake. I did Flameout and forgot my Last hop Addition, so im cleaning up while its chilling and i realize it.So i throw them in at 135 degrees.Maybe it will maintain more aroma that way.Time will tell. <_<

#9 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

I have a lot of stuff I want to do but this is the most immediate stuff I think.an easy drinking stoutdenny's rye IPAalt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users