35 replies to this topic

#21 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Over the last 18 months I've spent almost 2 months and 4 trips to Belgium. Have any questions feel free to fire away. I've done everything from the Brugge Beer fest to driving all around Belgium (and Holland) to visit all of the Trappist Breweries. One of these days I'll get all of my trip(s) typed up and posted.

Please do...with pics. I want to do another Belgium trip. Last time I planned travel times around the Beer Weekend, but I didn't do any of the brewery tours. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on the different Trappist Breweries. When is the Brugge Beer Fest?

#22 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13118 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

IIRC, you can get a 750ml bottle of Blue Chimay over there for like $4.50 Euro. Oh, and be sure to try the Trappist's cheeses. They are fantastic. I got a pretty decent sized wheel of cheese from LaTrappe for $25 USD. Worth every penny. Chimay makes a good cheese also.You're right......I hate you.

#23 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

IIRC, you can get a 750ml bottle of Blue Chimay over there for like $4.50 Euro. Oh, and be sure to try the Trappist's cheeses. They are fantastic. I got a pretty decent sized wheel of cheese from LaTrappe for $25 USD. Worth every penny. Chimay makes a good cheese also.You're right......I hate you.

Well, at least someone does! Thank you!Good tip on the cheeses.

#24 Genesee Ted

Genesee Ted

yabba dabba doob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49875 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

The Gran Place (or however you spell it) is absolutely breathtaking. I remember walking into it from one corner and my jaw dropping. Add beer fest and I would have to go home and change my underwear and pants. Maybe twice. I need to get back there, but it is going to take many years of saving.

#25 Stout_fan

Stout_fan

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3115 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

WOW,The weekend after Spa-Francorchamps F1 race That cannot be a coincidence!I was hoping to put the two events together for a serious euro vacation and to have Bernie pry many $$$ from my wallet.maybe next year. Thanks for the link!Told a fellow F1 fanatic at work, going to that race is on my bucket list.Said he's TDY'd there for the next month.

#26 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:54 AM

On the train to downtown Brussels. It's on like Donkey Kong!

#27 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

HOLY CRAP!

#28 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:22 AM

HOLY CRAP!

you know - everything I read this I think "going"? I've hated you for some time you SOB!!! j/k - try to pace yourself so you remember some of this spectacular beer!

#29 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Don't even know what the hell. I drank, just know I'minute plsstered in soime rndom baer listeneing to some badass mauzic. ####in. Cheersm

#30 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13118 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Don't even know what the hell. I drank, just know I'minute plsstered in soime rndom baer listeneing to some badass mauzic. ####in. Cheersm

This post is full of win.

#31 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hmm had a few too many perhaps? :stabby:

This post is full of win.

Thats for sure!!

#32 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:50 AM

I'M ALIVE! :DBack at the Brussels airport. It was a short trip, but a fun one. Brussels is a pretty cool place, I definitely would like to come back and do a proper beer geek tour of the breweries and what not. Maybe next year.

#33 HVB

HVB

No Life

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18092 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

I'M ALIVE!

Lol. So, did you end up drunk in the square?

#34 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64253 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

Lol. So, did you end up drunk in the square?

I don't know where I ended up, I just started walking and got lost for a while, ended up in some bar, hung out there for a while then found some dinner at a pizza place. I got in fairly early. I was back by 11 or so. I had to get out of the hotel by about 9:30 to catch my flight. Now I'm in Aberdeen. I picked up some local beers and food at a market right outside my hotel. Now I'm drinking and working in my hotel room. :D

#35 HarvInSTL

HarvInSTL

Atomic Chef Harvey

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Please do...with pics. I want to do another Belgium trip. Last time I planned travel times around the Beer Weekend, but I didn't do any of the brewery tours. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on the different Trappist Breweries. When is the Brugge Beer Fest?

Ok, I've got the first two parts up with pictures. I'll post the remaining links when they are done. Enjoy!My first trip to Belgium - Part #1My first trip to Belgium – Part #2

#36 brewguy

brewguy

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4410 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

Ok, I've got the first two parts up with pictures. I'll post the remaining links when they are done. Enjoy!My first trip to Belgium - Part #1My first trip to Belgium – Part #2

I'll have to remember to take a photo of each beer I have next time. A good way to remember what you had on your trip. Looking forward to the Trappist posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users