4 replies to this topic

#1 Darin

Darin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationVictorville, CA

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

I have a dual gauge CO2 regulator that I purchased from morebeer. Now, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not but...... the pressure slowly creeps up from the "set" pressure. First, let me tell you how I am using the regulator.1. After opening the valve on the CO2 tank, I set the pressure. (for example, 10psi).2. I attach the line to the full keg of beer and after it fills it, I detach the line. (I am doing this because my chest freezer won't hold the CO2 tank right now. so, I just fill the keg and wait about 8 hours and fill it again until I believe the beer is fully carbonated).3. Now, here is the issue. With the CO2 tank still "open" and the line unattached to the beer keg, the pressure will creep up. It's not uncommon for it to show 20+psi. Oh, and by the way.....when I had more other freezer, I would leave the CO2 line attached to the keg and the pressure would slowly creep up too.What I've been doing is closing the keg and venting the keg line to release the higher pressure and then opening the keg and then attaching the line back to the beer keg.Is this something that is normal on keg regulators? Should I not worry about it? Is it a faulty CO2 regulator?

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

I have a dual gauge CO2 regulator that I purchased from morebeer. Now, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not but...... the pressure slowly creeps up from the "set" pressure. First, let me tell you how I am using the regulator.1. After opening the valve on the CO2 tank, I set the pressure. (for example, 10psi).2. I attach the line to the full keg of beer and after it fills it, I detach the line. (I am doing this because my chest freezer won't hold the CO2 tank right now. so, I just fill the keg and wait about 8 hours and fill it again until I believe the beer is fully carbonated).3. Now, here is the issue. With the CO2 tank still "open" and the line unattached to the beer keg, the pressure will creep up. It's not uncommon for it to show 20+psi. Oh, and by the way.....when I had more other freezer, I would leave the CO2 line attached to the keg and the pressure would slowly creep up too.What I've been doing is closing the keg and venting the keg line to release the higher pressure and then opening the keg and then attaching the line back to the beer keg.Is this something that is normal on keg regulators? Should I not worry about it? Is it a faulty CO2 regulator?

So it only starts to creep up once you attach it to a keg?

#3 BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

His Royal Misinformed

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48018 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Kind of sounds like a slow leak in the regulator body...

#4 Darin

Darin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationVictorville, CA

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

So it only starts to creep up once you attach it to a keg?

It does it whether it's attached to the keg or not.

#5 3rd party JKor

3rd party JKor

Puller of Meats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64142 posts
  • LocationNW of Boston

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Kind of sounds like a slow leak in the regulator body...

+1. Sounds like an internal leak in the regulator. If you can, get it swapped out from morebeer. If not, you'll probably have to crack the regulator open and check/grease all the seals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users