#1 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

My buddy that started around the time i did has to take some time off from brewing.Thats too bad ,he made some nice brews too.Hopefully someday he can get back at it.He says if he decides to sell his carboys and other equipment i will get first dibs.Anyhow this is the partial stuff he left me once i measured it all out.8oz cl60,8oz cl20,2oz roasted barley,8oz flaked wheat,1oz black patent,8oz special B,4oz american wheat,6oz chocolate,4oz corn sugar,7oz pilsen light dme,8whirlfloc tabs,irish moss.Most of the stuff is maybe 1 year old.I guess i should use some of this stuff (dme anyhow)soon.

#2 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:11 AM

My buddy that started around the time i did has to take some time off from brewing.Thats too bad ,he made some nice brews too.Hopefully someday he can get back at it.He says if he decides to sell his carboys and other equipment i will get first dibs.Anyhow this is the partial stuff he left me once i measured it all out.8oz cl60,8oz cl20,2oz roasted barley,8oz flaked wheat,1oz black patent,8oz special B,4oz american wheat,6oz chocolate,4oz corn sugar,7oz pilsen light dme,8whirlfloc tabs,irish moss.Most of the stuff is maybe 1 year old.I guess i should use some of this stuff (dme anyhow)soon.

I think I'd probably only use the DME for making starters. 1 year is pretty old for extract I think.

#3 Deerslyr

Deerslyr

Disliker of Nut Kicking

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23807 posts
  • LocationGod's Country!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

I think I'd probably only use the DME for making starters. 1 year is pretty old for extract I think.

I always thought that was for liquid... not necessarily dry. What do I know though... I never used dry, so I'd always buy the liquid malt the day before I would brew.As for the grains... as long as they are not milled, they should be fine. Not a lot of grains really... maybe $5 to $7 retail value??? Whirfloc and Irish Moss is always good to have on hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users