#41 zymot

zymot

Comptroller of Small Amounts of Money

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25643 posts
  • LocationMortville

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

You were in Numazu and you didn’t call me? :smilielol: Thanks for the kind words — we do our best. The green tea beer is something that we’ve made a couple times now. The first was a kind of a golden ale that we “dry tea-ed” with local green tea, the second was a brown ale with tea added the same way. Subtle flavor from the tea makes it a wonderful beer to sip on — glad you liked it. It might become a regular seasonal beer — maybe every quarter we’ll make one, something like that.

Sorry, I lost your number. I did meet up with a guy from Toldeo and his buddy Chris.If you guys ever thought of publishing a recipe, one of your green tea recipes would be welcome by homebrewers across the world.

We have a HopBurst Golden Ale on now that’s mmmmm — a HopBurst Brown Porter will follow next month. It’s fun working in a brewery that allows brewers to experiment. Really “allows” is the wrong word, excourages and expects and embraces is more accurate.

Sounds like good stuff Maynard.Do you have any beers that was a failed experiment?

Anyone else coming to Japan? Get in touch and I’ll try to steer you toward good beer pubs/breweries, or if you make your way down to Shizuoka, I’ll show you around the brewery and have a pint or seven with you. :smilielol: :smilielol: :)

Word.World class beer in every glass, and I had many glasses, from what I remember. I had to take a 4 hour train ride to get to Numazu. Drank beer that evening got up the next morning and another 4 hour ride back home. It was worth every second of it, no regrets.Beer lovers around thr world, If you find yoruself in Japan, no - make that Asia, set aside the time and get to Numazu. If you love beer, you will Baird beer.

#42 Murphy

Murphy

No Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14017 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Anyone else coming to Japan? Get in touch and I’ll try to steer you toward good beer pubs/breweries, or if you make your way down to Shizuoka, I’ll show you around the brewery and have a pint or seven with you.

My wife and I may be heading to Japan at the end of November but haven't decided if we are going and if so what part. But I will keep this in mind and will let you know if we do head that way. Thanks for the offer.

#43 OhioMurb

OhioMurb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

My one BIL insists on comparing everything to Killians. I know he likes it, but why does he do this? He'll try a few of my beers and say, "This one is sort of like Killians" and then he'll try another one and say, "Now this one, it doesn't taste anything like Killians!". I just nod my head over & over. :)

I was sitting at the Harpoon bar at Boston Logan airport (craft brew in a very non-craft brew setting) and heard the server describe their pale ale as "like Guinness, but not dark and more bitter" At first I was offended - this was a craft brew bar! they should know better! But the more I thought about it I decided it was a pretty smart way to get someone in - take something they know and aren't intimidated by, then move them off to something else. The fact that Harpoon's APA has NOTHING to do with Guiness isn't important - it made the guy comfortable and he ordered the beer.I've heard my beer rated on that same scale - Like Newscastle vs. Non Like Newcastle. They should update the style guides - only two categories!

#44 cj in j

cj in j

Advanced Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationMishima, Japan

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sorry, I lost your number. I did meet up with a guy from Toldeo and his buddy Chris.

Those guys are okay, especially that Michigan Chris guy!

If you guys ever thought of publishing a recipe, one of your green tea recipes would be welcome by homebrewers across the world.

I’ll see what I can do.

Do you have any beers that was a failed experiment?

None since I’vw been there, and I haven’t heard of any total flops. There are some that haven’t tuned out exactly as we imagined, but they were still good/interesting and found their niche.

I had many glasses, from what I remember.

I’m afraid I had many that I don’t remember. ;)

I had to take a 4 hour train ride to get to Numazu. Drank beer that evening got up the next morning and another 4 hour ride back home. It was worth every second of it, no regrets.

Best testimonial we could ever hope for! Thanks for coming down, and hope you can make it again sometime.

My wife and I may be heading to Japan at the end of November but haven't decided if we are going and if so what part. But I will keep this in mind and will let you know if we do head that way. Thanks for the offer.

Please do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users