#1 SchwanzBrewer

SchwanzBrewer

Grand Duke of Inappropriate Announcements

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34299 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in business plans

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I need to get a second faucet for the beer fridge. I noticed that the perlicks are over 2X as expensive as a "regular" faucet.Are they worth the coinage?What is so special about them?Cheers,Rich

#2 djinkc

djinkc

Comptroller of Non-Defending Defenders of Inarticulate Twats

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32138 posts
  • Locationout the backdoor

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Yes, for taps that aren't in constant use forward sealing faucets are great. Well worth it IMO. I have some regular less expensive ones on a schnizit that work fine but that's for times that the beer is flowing............

#3 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Absolutely, without question. The real question is are flow control faucets worth your $ for the upgrade? I actually have forward seals on my jockey box too... :frank:

#4 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:30 PM

I need to get a second faucet for the beer fridge. I noticed that the perlicks are over 2X as expensive as a "regular" faucet.Are they worth the coinage?What is so special about them?Cheers,Rich

the lever seals forward rather than backward no moldy crustly leaky buildup

#5 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Absolutely, without question. The real question is are flow control faucets worth your $ for the upgrade? I actually have forward seals on my jockey box too... :frank:

yeah - if I ever replace my ventmatics it will probably be with some of these.

#6 BarelyBrews

BarelyBrews

Frequent Member

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1631 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

I like the ones i have.I bought this set up here w/all needed but the beer lines.https://www.williamsbrewing.com/PERLICK_FORWARD_SEAL_FAUCET_WI_P1476C65.cfm

#7 ncbeerbrewer

ncbeerbrewer

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

Check out Amazon. Looks like some good pricing for these as well. Less Coinage.Amazon

#8 tag

tag

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

That's a great price.These are all-stainless too.Now if someone would come out with a forward-seal and flow-control faucet!

#9 Big Nake

Big Nake

Comptroller of Forum Content

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54135 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:11 PM

No question. I originally had a single tower with a regular faucet. It would stick so bad that friends would come back from the basement saying Is the tapper locked or something? and another time I actually broke a tap handle because the faucet was stuck so bad. Eventually I upgraded to a double tower with Ventmatic Ultraflo faucets and I absolutely love these faucets. When I went through the wall and went with 4 faucets, I got some Perlick 525ss jobbies which were fine but "someone" here on the board hooked me up with another 2 Ventmatic faucets. At some point I found myself with 2 regular faucets and I gave them to a friend who was building a jockey box.... perfect application for the regular ones. There is no question that the forward-sealing faucets are worth it. Cheers.

#10 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:20 AM

Just to jump on the bandwagon, forward seal faucets are great for the kegerator - I have 8 now, though only use 7 since one shank has a stout faucet on it. I also use regular faucets for the jockey boxes - I can't afford to outfit 15 faucets for my jockey boxes!

#11 Mexas Joe

Mexas Joe

Obama Thanker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22502 posts
  • LocationIt's OK to be White

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

They are worth it, big time. I ended up replacing all 4 of my taps. I should have not gone cheap and got Perlick to begin with.

#12 VolFan

VolFan

Comptroller of teh spr0ts

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13057 posts
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

I've had the forward seals for 5+ years now (Ventmatics) and wouldn't trade em for anything. Built my buddy a keggerator about a year ago and we put Perlicks on his. They work just fine too. Spend the extra coin and get them.

#13 xd_haze

xd_haze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Oh yeah, in case someone else hasn't said it, they are totally worth it. :blink:They are actually cheaper than the standard faucets -- If you buy the standard faucet, you'll get pissed at it and buy the forward sealing faucet later!

#14 ChefLamont

ChefLamont

Comptroller of Fear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9734 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Yes.Next question.

#15 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Yes.Next question.

what's the best deal on the shank and other parts it's be great to get it all in one shot, the link above was pretty good, any other screamers?

#16 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Man, we are totally indoctrinated into ventless faucets. Nobody even thinks twice about it.

#17 MyaCullen

MyaCullen

Cheap Blue Meanie

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68759 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Man, we are totally indoctrinated into ventless faucets. Nobody even thinks twice about it.

that's a good thing, right ?

#18 gnef

gnef

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

If you are starting from scratch, I would highly recommend going all stainless for the shanks and nipples. I started with chrome plated brass, and just recently after having them for a few years, I checked the shanks on my kegerator, and they were pretty much all corroded. I then decided to upgrade the shanks and nipples to be all stainless, and expect them to last a very long time.If you can afford to do it now, I would get stainless everything. I couldn't when I started, and had to end up buying twice. It wasn't too bad though, since I use the old shanks for my jockey boxes.

#19 chuck_d

chuck_d

Frequent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1022 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

that's a good thing, right ?

Yeah, I wasn't complaining, more like bragging.

#20 ThroatwobblerMangrove

ThroatwobblerMangrove

Open Letter (and similar documents) Comptroller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, I wasn't complaining, more like bragging.

*fist pump*WE RULE!!! :frank:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users