• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DavidG

DavidG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:50 AM

Hightest says to do a SNA of 4.5g Superfood (or Fermaid-K) & 4.5g DAP at inoculation.I was reading where it wasn't advised to add DAP until the 1/3rd break due to cell walls notbeing able to take that much nitrogen so soon?Can anyone shed some light on this???

#2 Hightest

Hightest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBridgeton, NJ

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

...I was reading where it wasn't advised to add DAP until the 1/3rd break ...

When making comments like this, it's always helpful to cite the specific source of your information. Without out it, it's difficult to assess its credibility.Nonetheless, I am familiar with 4 credible staggered fermentation protocals that add DAP (in varying amounts) at various points in time related to yeast pitching.In November 2006, the proportions of my SNA were revised to more closely adhere to an email discussion I had with Dr. Clayton Cone (Lallemand frementation scientist) wherein I learned that he recommended the bulk of the nutrients be added before 30% sugar depletion, "the yeast are usually well into their stationary phase at 50% sugar depletion and cannot utilize the nutrients as well as they can before 30% depletion." As such, the NAS was revised to add 85% of the nutrient nitrogen before 30% sugar depletion.

Edited by Hightest, 09 May 2009 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users